cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster Switch

Pwhittington
Explorer
Explorer

I have a Sunset Trail 253rb.  Can someone PLEASE tell me where the booster switch is. 😫  it's  not behind TVs, in the cabinets, on the ceiling.  I have looked everywhere. I even called Hitch RV the dealership we bought it from.  They were no help. Said  they couldn't help unless I bought it in. Can some please help me.

Pam W

7 REPLIES 7

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Still no reply from the original poster.  Quite typical to the old RV.Net when they would figure it out and not bother to ever let us know the end result.  🤔

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

CapnCampn
Explorer III
Explorer III

If it is a TV antenna booster being discussed, the switch for mine is on the wall plate where I connect the cable from the antenna to the TV.  It also has a 12V power point (like a cigarette lighter outlet).

CC

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

I don't know when the term "booster" came into use with an antenna. The correct term is "Amplifier"..

I have been building antennas since HAM radio days. Omni-directional antennas are poor reception in all directions. For very long range a Winegard antenna is best. I used 2 adjustable amplifiers connected to mine. My range was up to 200 miles. Average was more than 125 miles.

Don't knock using a TV antenna. There are more channels the ever now. Receiving signals is free. I can get over 55 channels at hone using a amplified indoor Radio Shack amplified anntenna. 

We had to sell our motorhome back in 2020 due to my bad health. The new owner was using my old equipment and was happy with it.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Not all over the air antennas have a boost button, actually a button designating OTA, rather than cable, but may have a built in boost. My FW came with an Omni antenna, with no button, but a built in signal boost. These type antennas work well, when close to TV towers, but have a fairly short range. If you are having trouble receiving signal, you may need to upgrade the antenna.

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad

I think she may be referring to the booster switch for the tv antenna. I have no idea where it would be either. Does the trailer have a tv antenna on the roof?

Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

I should have mentioned that out motorhome did have a switch to momentarily connect the house batteries to the engine-battery to help start the MO. Some might call that a "booster switch". No such thing on a trailer.

Are you referring to the battery-connect switch found by the entry-door?

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@Pwhittington wrote:

I have a Sunset Trail 253rb.  Can someone PLEASE tell me where the booster switch is. 😫  it's  not behind TVs, in the cabinets, on the ceiling.  I have looked everywhere. I even called Hitch RV the dealership we bought it from.  They were no help. Said  they couldn't help unless I bought it in. Can some please help me.

Pam W

I never heard of a "booster switch" in my 70+ years of camping. We need a better explanation.