cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004 Lance 1025 Truck Camper

LandlordByDay
Explorer
Explorer

Can anyone help me diagnose my issue.  When my battery is connected I get power to everything other than the ac system, but when I switch to shore power and plug in I get nothing.  I opened up the fuse box, checked them and they're all good.  Checked the fuses in the power converter too.  Is it a bad power converter?  Or how do I trouble shoot and diagnose the issue?  

4 REPLIES 4

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

When plugged in do you get AC power? Did you check the circuit breakers as well as the fuses? The power has to come from the shore power cord to the main circuit breaker. From there it should go to a second breaker that feeds the converter.

Are you testing with a meter or how are you testing?

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

LandlordByDay
Explorer
Explorer

Sorry, It's a Lance Lite 1025 - 2004.  I think it may be the power converter, testing it today but everything I've read says it would definately be the power converter if I could get dc power, not ac power.  

It's really the opposite. The converter rectifies ac from shore power to charge the battery and run dc loads. When shore power is gone, the battery will continue to power the dc loads until it runs down. If your receptacles don't function when plugged in, check the breaker serving the shore power, breakers in the camper (usually by the converter), and make sure all GFCI receptacles are reset.

'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

@LandlordByDay wrote:

Can anyone help me diagnose my issue.  When my battery is connected I get power to everything other than the ac system, but when I switch to shore power and plug in I get nothing.  I opened up the fuse box, checked them and they're all good.  Checked the fuses in the power converter too.  Is it a bad power converter?  Or how do I trouble shoot and diagnose the issue?  

1) What kind of RV are you talking about.

2) How many batteries? For many RV's, a battery only powers the DV 12-volt circuit. No 120-volt AC items.

3) If plugged in to an outside AC 120-volt outlet, did you check ti see if it was supplying power? Turned on? Wired correctly? Use an AC power tester! 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29