cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartland Cyclone Water Heater

mcnamarac
Explorer II
Explorer II

Need some help! We are living full time in our fifth wheel, and I am unable to get the water heater working. I’m wondering if it a bad control board within the water heater, because on multiplied meter tool I  have no voltage reading to the brown wire when the switch is on inside the RV on our main control panel. All circuits are on in the main circuit breaker, and as far as the fuses, there are none labeled as Water Heater. 

My fifth wheel is a 2016 Heartland Cyclone 4100. Water heater is Atwood. Any help would be amazing! My wife and kids are tired of cold showers. 

7 REPLIES 7

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Here's a link to the manual I'm looking at.
Link 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Thanks for that information. That is super helpful. I reckon tomorrow I will dive a bit deeper into it and see what I can’t figure out. That manual you found is a game changer thank you for that! 

Fun times over here haha

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Based on your picture with a brown wire at each end of the board it looks like:

When on Electric you should see 12 v between the white wire (+) and the green wire (-) at the plug.
When on Gas you should see 12 v between the orange wire (+) and the green wire (-) at the plug

Of course I'm guessing at the model so the wire colors might be different.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Unfortunately we really need a model number on that heater if possible. For instance in the 6 gallon models there is a wire color difference between a G6A-3E and a G6A-7E.

Aside from that I would use a small flat blade screwdriver and pop the switch out of the wall panel. Check that 12 volts is getting to the switch and if it's getting through the switch to the downstream side. 

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

Are you trying to operate it on gas or 120V? Because if you are fulltiming and plugged in you should be operating on 120V and the wires to check for voltage are black and white (not brown). If you are trying to operate on gas then the trouble shooting is a whole different ballgame (I.e.: good battery, good converter, 120V power, fuses at converter, gas source, etc.)

Thanks for that! Yeah I’m plugged in shore power. Here’s what I’m working with. I’m not getting any voltage off the brown wire, which form other videos is the power wire for these from the main control panel inside the rv at the little red switches for water heater 

IMG_0481.jpeg

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

On my water heater, the ON/OFF switch on the heater itself keeps melting. Right now we're running propane only.