cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 3-Way Fridge Diagnostic (Check Light Faintly On)

amcan333
Explorer
Explorer

I'm helping a friend with a 2005ish Lance camper and his Dometic "Royale" RM3663 3-way refrigerator. It ran fine when he bought it last April, and wasn't used much while we did other projects. We started it again three weeks ago and it worked properly. In that time, it went to a mechanic for the truck, and was left on for two weeks. The battery drained, and the fridge came back with the "check" light on. My friend turned it off, and then restarted it a couple days ago.

At that time, the "Check" light was on, but much fainter than the other lights. It never got cold, even after two full days. The temp selector is set to coldest. It's maybe getting a little cooler than ambient, but certainly not cold. There's power to the panel, and power to the inside lights. We have turned off propane, purged the line, and restarted the whole system. The problem persists. We tried it on DC and there's no change to the light. No change with AC, either. 

The only other thing I can think of that may be a symptom is that the auto/gas button doesn't feel like it presses the same as the others. It still seems to cycle, but it doesn't depress cleanly like the others. I don't have pictures on my computer, but I'll update this with pictures from my phone in a few minutes. 

Any suggestions about troubleshooting, or are we looking at component (panel or coil) replacement or fridge replacement?

6 REPLIES 6

mrshane
Explorer II
Explorer II

When you see it lit up, make sure to check the gas system to see what the source of the problem is. There are some possible causes like The igniter is faulty or not getting enough power. You can test the igniter with a multimeter or replace it if necessary. The gas valve is stuck or leaking. You can check the gas valve for any obstructions or leaks. Check the gas line for any blockages or loose connections and clear them. If none of these solve the problem, you might need to replace the control board or the entire refrigerator.  Better to call a technician 

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad

I am thinking you have leakage on the check light circuit. Put the refer on gas, then watch it for a day or so checking every couple of hours.

Check wiring behind eye brow and in refer outside compartment. 

Clean connectors on circuit board.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II

The check light indicates a gas problem, so the first thing Iโ€™d look into is the AC power. Check the outlet first, then verify all three fuses in the refrigerator are good.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/rm3662.pdf

John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

jkwilson I only know of one fuse where would the other two be?

The very last page on the document I linked shows them on one of the circuit boards.

John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

amcan333
Explorer
Explorer

Pics for model number and the difference in brightness of the lightsimage0.jpegimage1.jpeg