cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pnumatic car jacks for leveling?

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I have lots of hare brained ideas and quite proud of some of them! Has anyone tried the bellows type air jacks for leveling? I have a 02 Roadtrek class B and it seems like anyplace I park the front is too low. No suspension issues, just the nature of things. I always carry a compressor so air is not an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Mophorn-Pneumatic-Lifting-Capacity-Extremely/dp/B07L6138MY/ref=sxin_16_pa_sp_...
6 REPLIES 6

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
jjrbus wrote:
From looking at the air bag type they look like they would be fairly bouncy. I dismissed the bellow type for the same reason. Until my neighbor bought one, they have a telescoping shaft inside which makes them much more stable than say an air spring, which they look like.

Well maybe they’ll be more stable….
Not sure if it’s comparable to your bus though.
Was the bud air suspension that you could manually level with or singular unsecured bags like you pictured?
I’ve leveled the truck camper by inflating/deflating add on bags as well. Big difference if it’s got the stability of the vechile’s road suspension attachments or not.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Aside from turning the RV into a bouncy house, it seems like a complicated, expensive solution to some wood blocks or plastic stackers if you’re into spending money vs scrap lumber for leveling.

My bus conversion had a 3 point air bag leveling system, worked exceedingly well. Been using boards for many years and a bit tired of it.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
From looking at the air bag type they look like they would be fairly bouncy. I dismissed the bellow type for the same reason. Until my neighbor bought one, they have a telescoping shaft inside which makes them much more stable than say an air spring, which they look like.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Aside from turning the RV into a bouncy house, it seems like a complicated, expensive solution to some wood blocks or plastic stackers if you’re into spending money vs scrap lumber for leveling.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mbutts
Explorer
Explorer
I recall the air pillow things from 10+ years ago. A friend just mentioned these last week. Not sure if they're available in the US.
Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Poodles
2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS (first MH!)
Previously 1999 Coleman Santa Fe pop-up, 2007 Kodiak 23SS hybrid, 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS travel trailer

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you will find it rather bouncy but I can't see any safety issues.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A