cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Easy lighting upgrades

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I added an small license plate style light for lighting up the area just inside the door. It could serve as a night light, or more importantly, lighting up the inside when going in to grab something and I don't need all the lights on. I got this idea from seeing the new models using the same light.

I also added a light in the left side of the rig so I can light up the area when hooking up to utilities, etc.

This is on a Geo Pro 16BH

Video of the projects
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
4 REPLIES 4

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
DB I think it was your YT video I saw for the vent light install.
Funny small world.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
greenno wrote:
I also added the refer vent door light a couple of years ago too.... we saw a couple of newer AF990's .....

I've done the fridge light many times.
First on my AF811, then on my Nash 17k, then on my AF992 (which I still own).
On the truck camper, I place them in the top fridge vent and add a switch to the lower vent.

Truck camper fridge vent light.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
I also added the refer vent door light a couple of years ago too.
Comes in handy being able to turn it on/off at the same location as the light itself.
Also added some shelves inside our hanging locker and mounted some small puck LED its inside for the wife to see easier.
A year or so ago we were going through AZ heading who knows where and we saw a couple of newer AF990's on an RV lot so we swung by to see if they had updated anything good since we purchased ours back in April of 2018.
Wife saw a Dinette light fixture that she liked so of course I had to swap out ours to the "upgraded" one.
Hehe I think it cost like $30 but she had to have it.
With all the **** I add to my truck or camper I felt it would be in my best interest to comply with her wishes.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
KEWL!

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson