cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bar Harbor, Me

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone know of some good RV parks to stay at while in Bar Harbor, ME ?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
21 REPLIES 21

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've been staying at Narrows Too the past 13 years for the month of July. All sites are FHU, some waterfront. 3 lobster pounds within a couple minute walk. Easy 6 mile drive to Acadia NP and 12 miles to Bar Harbor.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mlburst
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Forest Ridge Campground - easy ride to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park and Ellsworth is a neat town.
Mike & Joanna
Myrtle Beach SC/Port Charlotte FL
"Any-timers" since Dec 2010
2010 Heartland Sundance 2900MK
2012 Ford F250 Lariat King Ranch CC 6.7L Diesel
Heartland Owners Club #1452
Escapees #99187

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW, thanks Crowe, for the reminder about the reserved entry pass, we had to do that at Glacier NP last year, but didn't even think about Acadia.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

We stayed at - Timberland Acres 2 years ago.. Its a nice campground with large, pull through sites... It was about 15 minutes to Bar Harbor's center of town...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
It depends on how you want to camp, We like Schoodic Woods Campground https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/251833near Winter haven, secluded, long, well separated sites with electric & water. A bit of a drive to get back around to Bar Harbor, but we loved it.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

in5r
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at,and I would also recommend the Bar Harbor KOA.
2019 Ford F250 6.7 CC SB
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We like the Bar Harbor KOA-expensive but right on the water. It's about 20 minutes outside the park. Please note that if you are going into Acadia and want to go up Cadillac Mountain you will have to reserve a specific date and time to go. https://www.nps.gov/acad/planyourvisit/vehicle_reservations.htm

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]