cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Harbor Freight 1720 lb trailer

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
I have been trying to purchase a Harbor Freight 1720 lb trailer for about 6 months. I keep emailing HF but I guess Eric Schmitt is too busy to respond as to why they are no longer in stock,
13 REPLIES 13

CWilson
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
I see the moderators have been busy.
So Iโ€™ll rephrase. Youโ€™re better off by NOT being able to purchase a Hazard Fraught trailer.

I can see it being like opening day fishing season in the NW with tiny tire single axle trailers littering the side of the road,

I didn't notice the 1720 lb trailer in the current or recent flyers and coupons?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
So Iโ€™ll rephrase. Youโ€™re better off by NOT being able to purchase a Hazard Fraught trailer.

I can see it being like opening day fishing season in the NW with tiny tire single axle trailers littering the side of the road,
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Several of the respondents didn't actually read (or understand) what the OP is looking for. Someone says "I'm looking for "X"", and people respond that he should instead get "Y", even though "Y" is not even remotely similar to "X".

I have one of the folding trailers he is talking about, although mine was purchased many years ago through Northern Hydraulics. I have made a few modifications to make it easier to fold/unfold, and it is indeed doable by one person. When folded, it can be rolled (on the included casters) up against the wall in the garage and takes up very little space. On the other hand, when unfolded, it has a decent carrying capacity, and has served me well for everything to hauling 2 ATCs or 2 stand up PWCs, to making dump runs. I have used it for decades, and will likely never get rid of it simply because of it's utility combined with it's small footprint when stored. Another plus is that it's small footprint allows it to be stored inside the garage, out of the weather. Mine still has the original plywood that I installed in 1986, although I did put several layers of marine spar varnish on it to start with!!!
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
Youโ€™re better off by NOT being able to purchase a Hazard Fraught trailer.

Ditto.

Buy a retired Home Depot "rental" trailer instead.

I added another one to my fleet a few weeks ago.

Here's an overview of the solid wall style I bought back in 2018 and how to buy them. Video Link
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a better product here. Tell them what you want and they likely have it in stock. Will modify to your specs.
Superior Trailers
www.superiortrailersofga.com
706 795 3429
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.northerntool.com/products/ironton-4ft-x-8ft-steel-folding-utility-trailer-kit-1170-lb-load-capacity-37561
Currently Between RVs

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
BTW, you can find Eric Schmitt in Tampa FL. He has the biggest yacht in the harbor. I believe he can see his little boat from his front yard. In case you feel like visiting him and TP-ing his house.

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
"The reason it is 'no longer in stock' is because you have to go INTO the actual store to pre-order it now. We hate selling them. They come in broken boxes. They are super duper heavy. Do yourself a favour and buy one that is already built. the smaller trailers are okay but the 1720 trailer is really heavy. Also they don't fit in a tiny car." Per a HF freight supervisor

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Have you searched for various Harbor Freight stores in your area? Shows that trailer in stock at several different stores in this area.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 1195 version. Let me tell you that the folding capability, is not a trivial thing to take advantage of....
During assembly, they what you to bolt the folding section in places that are not all that accessible. I did it a different way.
Standing it up is at least a two person job. It can be done.
Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
There are other places to buy a trailer. If HF doesn,t want to sell you one, move on.

Yes there is but no one makes one that will fold and have wheels so that I can store it in the corner of my garage.....

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
There are other places to buy a trailer. If HF doesn,t want to sell you one, move on.