cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

THIS is why I have an air bag hitch (video)!

bertschb
Explorer
Explorer
I spent a lot of time researching 5th wheel hitches before we settled on the Hensley BD3 air bag hitch. If you're interested in seeing how it absorbs the bumps in the road and isolates the RV motion from the truck, check out this video:

https://youtu.be/R9xj6b3FOcE
10 REPLIES 10

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just like TT hitches, buying better stuff is money well spent.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
It looks good, except for the price. Thanks for the video.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
Honest question here. Why would I want or need all of this? When I had my 15,500lb 5th wheel the rear suspension of my Ram 3500 did a fine job smoothing out the road with little to no chucking. I am just not so sure I see the advantage of having all of that extra complexity of one of those hitches.
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
My 5th Airborne pin box doesnโ€™t have near the travel of that hitch. But even with it I can see the trailer moving up and down independent of the truck. And removed what little chucking I had. Air bags and shocks under the trailer work great no matter the form.

bertschb
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

The OP has been a member since 2014 and has 41 posts.

Thank you for backing me up.

The reason I posted the video is because when I was researching hitches there was very little showing how air bag hitches actually work while towing. Even the manufacturers had little in the way of videos. After owning our rig for almost 3 years, I finally decided to shoot my own video and share it with others. It sounds like some folks here would prefer I delete it...

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
For a LOT less money mine setup does the same plus it controls fore and aft movement. Also my hitch fits right into my factory puck system. I think Hensley makes a Quality product but for the money I will keep what I have.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I do agree. If I had a 5th wheel I would have some type of air bag hitch!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
gbopp wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Kind of an odd first post but yeah, that's nice.

Interesting, when I click on "view posts" there is only this thread. They must time out after some time.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad