cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your truck today?

AKSuperDually
Explorer
Explorer
I love cruising through the "what did you do to your camper today" thread, I figured I'd add a "what did you do to your truck today".

I'm sure that many of you are like me....and your truck that you use to haul your camper gets a lot of special attention to make sure it's in tip-top shape for your adventures.

I'll start out.....

Today I mounted 2 PIAA 520 Fog lights and 2 PIAA Driving lights to my winch bumper, and aimed them.

This evening, I received a box containing torklift stableload bumpstops. Those will have to wait for another day....we've got a blizzard going on here.
2000 Ford F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
2003 Arctic Fox 1150
482 REPLIES 482

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Drove it home from my weekend camping trip today. It hit 72,500 miles on my way home.
Guess I need to drive it more
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
ggadwa wrote:
82,000 miles and my 2012 F350 had a serious case of Front End Death Wobble.....Really really bad shimmy. Like shaking the front end off the truck. I had to go from 60 down to a complete stop. Happened three times and was really scary. Went straight to Les Schaub Tire Store, They replaced tie rod ends, and all four shocks. Drove the truck home 130 miles with no issues. Headed out again with Truck Camper on and WOW the truck had serious Death Wobble again several times. I essentially limped to Les Schaub again. The Service Manager was dumbfounded. I insisted he drive the Truck... He did and exclaimed my GAWD you have more than one tire with separated plies or belts......They Warranted all four Tires....and replaced them with all new Les Schaub Open Country Tires.....No more DEATH WOBBLE after a 1500 mile trip with our Camper over the past few days. WHEW!?!!??!?!

Wow.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

ggadwa
Explorer
Explorer
82,000 miles and my 2012 F350 had a serious case of Front End Death Wobble.....Really really bad shimmy. Like shaking the front end off the truck. I had to go from 60 down to a complete stop. Happened three times and was really scary. Went straight to Les Schaub Tire Store, They replaced tie rod ends, and all four shocks. Drove the truck home 130 miles with no issues. Headed out again with Truck Camper on and WOW the truck had serious Death Wobble again several times. I essentially limped to Les Schaub again. The Service Manager was dumbfounded. I insisted he drive the Truck... He did and exclaimed my GAWD you have more than one tire with separated plies or belts......They Warranted all four Tires....and replaced them with all new Les Schaub Open Country Tires.....No more DEATH WOBBLE after a 1500 mile trip with our Camper over the past few days. WHEW!?!!??!?!
HAM RADIO Operator since 1964 'W7FSI'
EAGLE CAP 2011 950 CUSTOM BUILT by the great folks at LaGrande Oregon
2012 FORD 350 XLT 6.7L Diesel 4x4 Super Cab with lots of stuff

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Changed fuel filter and maybe do the front diff tomorrow.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Drove it around some more. Need to locate a drive line shop to have the carrier bearing replaced as its rubber bushing is worn.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the ICP sensor on my 2003 F350 6.0 PSD. I was blessed in that the CEL (check engine light) came on after my long trip last month to Yellowstone and the Tetons. Grabbed the DashBoss to download the codes then changed a few settings on my DashBoss engine monitor to pull up the voltage on the ICP sensor - ZERO nada. Confirmed it was toast.
If you have not changed an ICP sensor on a 6.0 2003 and later you've not had a reason to cuss Ford Engine engineers!! It is located in the far rear (looking from the bumper aft) of the engine compartment just left of center and behind the turbo. You can either attack it from the bottom or the top. I choose the top - have to remove the intake, air cleaner, FICM, FICM Bracket, rear intake bolt and pig tail to the IPR valve JUST for access. Next, you better hpe you can get your 27MM or 1 1/16th socket onto the sensor in the compacted area. Regardless, it took me awhile but total success - CEL light off.
2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Started putting together my electrical panel for the power system I am installing on my truck to power battery charging for work tools and flashlights an on board compressor refrigerator and a 3000 watt inverter in my work canopy and future truck camper.

https://imgur.com/gallery/DTS70DQ

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Installed 1,100 lb. (550 per side) Hellwig helper springs and new u bolts. Raised the height a little less than 2". I'm hoping I won't need to engage the lower stable loads anymore with the camper. Be nice to just let the springs work without all the band aid devices. So far, unloaded, it rides better than it ever has. I didn't buy the truck new so I have no reference, but it feels like a normal suspension should.
Not too bad for $79.

I shall see.

Click For Full-Size Image.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

specta
Explorer
Explorer

I changed the oil, filter and rotated my tires. I do this every 5000 miles.

I changed the oil and filter back in January, loaded my camper the middle of March and just took it off because I need the truck.

I towed a car from Las Vegas back in Feb that I bought so the truck has been worked quite a bit over the last 5000 miles and it didn't use a drop of oil.

I'm impressed and quite happy.

Factory brakes with 215,000 miles on them. I'm pretty impressed with the brakes too.

They're getting close to needing to be changed. Pretty sure I'll be replacing them with AC Delco brake pads.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Pushed Red into the future......added an alarm and upgraded the CD to an Alpine bluetooth unit tethered to our phones. Now she's all fancy with redneck sync.....lol.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Hemi_Joel
Explorer
Explorer
Today, I put a new aluminum radiator in my truck. It had been running on the hot side when I had the eagle Cap 1165 on it, pulling the 28' race trailer up a grade. The one I am taking out, I installed about 14 years ago, I suppose it was getting pretty crusty inside, and it was a stock radiator. The new Mishimoto performance radiator is supposed to have higher cooling capacity than the stock radiator, hopefully it works out good.
2018 Eagle Cap 1163 triple slide, 400W solar, MPPT, on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins, DTT 89 torque converter, big turbo, 3 extra main leafs, Rancho 9000s rear, Monroe gas magnums front, upper overloads removed, home made stableloads, bags.

ranholago
Explorer
Explorer
First time I've run across it.
I use "Torque Pro" on my 6.0
Tells me every thing I need to know, and only cost me $5.00

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot all about this thread.

Here's my DashBoss. It tells me everything I need to know. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
Time to move this one back up---always good info for folks maintaining their rigs....

Took out old DashBoss and put in the new DashBoss Blue. I use it to monitor the F350 6.0 performance. I've been using it since 2104--been real happy with it. DashBoss

Here's a pic of what it presents on my iPad through their DashBoss APP.
2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got everything on the roof caulked (except for the escape hatch, ran out of time last weekend), and the screw strip around the cap near the cabover (still needs the rest done), and added the spacer blocks on the snap-n-nap hinges so push it back 3/4" so that it would clear the new bathroom wall.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL