cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power Plus Electric Leveling Jacks

Bobchambe
Explorer
Explorer
I have problem with my Power+Plus Leveling Jacks not working.

I have power to the control box, but none of the jacks work. I can not find a replacement control box because it is an old system and parts are not available. I have contacted RV salvage yards and stopped at Colaw RV in Carthage, MO with no luck.

The jacks work fine when they get power, I would like to eliminate the control box and install a manual switch for each jack. I am not sure how to wire them as far as if relays are needed.

If someone has done something similiar with an electric jack system, I would appreciate any info. I really do not want to spend $4 to $8 thousand on a new leveling system.

Thanks, Bob
4 REPLIES 4

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my HWH jacks were biaxial or some such that they worked in pairs both for one side, or front or back to avoid twisting the frame. would suggest doing something similar, slowly working pairs to level off?
bumpy

Bobchambe
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies, and sorry for taking so long to acknowledge them. I was supposed to get an e-mail notification but did not receive any.
Anyway, I was able to unplug the jack wires and I tested each jack individually with a couple of jumper wires. They did not seem to have much of a spark when I connected them, either down or up, so that told me the amp draw was not too drastic.
I have decided to use four DTDP momentary on switches and a standard off and on switch and make my own controller and run the jacks manually. The only problem I can see is I will have to be careful when retracting the jacks so as not to raise them to far, and to let go of the switch when they are all the way up.

Thanks again, Bob

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
for my boat anchor I just used a DTDP toggle switch with a jumper to reverse connections. I would "assume" the jacks would pretty much operate the same??????
bumpy

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the current draw you might just use 4 simple up/down toggle switches.
Probably find a wiring diagram online.

If you will call me we can talk about it some more.
Just like Bumpy says it can be simple.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE