cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

the perfect toad?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Finally--an affordable BEV with a range of 155 miles--that can act as a power station!

https://sonomotors.com/sion.html/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
10 REPLIES 10

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can this vehicle be towed four down? No EV can to my knowledge.
Otherwise I think you are better off with a Chevy Bolt.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I remember when a person could purchase stainless steel CJ5 body, fend
ers and hood in the Philippines. Never saw the parts in person.

By the way "polycarbonate" is the term for generic LEXAN, the plastic they use to make bullet-proof windows (when it's thick enough).

Transparent LEXAN is not especially UV resistant. This is precisely why solar panel manufacturers still use glass and not plastic.

Look st the headlight lenses of beater 1985 Ford pickup trucks and my point will illustrate itself. I checked with General Electric and no they do not offer a UV proof transparent LEXAN polycarbonate.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
I love the live moss air filter.

Thanks for the laugh.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, I have one that would be perfect...if only it was street legal, but I could license it in MT and use it elsewhere (reciprocity), I believe. You can drive ATV's here.

It is called the Mahindra Roxor and is made in Michigan https://jalopnik.com/the-mahindra-roxor-is-a-tiny-offroad-jeep-to-conquer-am-1823460351. It is an Indian Jeep. I mean real jeep as they have a license to build them going back to WWII. I see that FCA is trying to stop it from being sold here.

If I have a toad, I want to go places that electric thing would not take me. And so, we come back to the American Jeep CJ about 10+ years old for the "perfect toad." You can get something like a CJ5 for four K or less. It would take you anywhere.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Buyers can save money by buying the car without the 35-kwh battery, and leasing the battery from the company instead. The basic car will sell for $19,760, and the battery pack will add another $5,000, though the lease price of the battery hasn't been finalized.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

mikebreeze
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like it is made by a small German company. It costs about 18k and the battery is about 5K extra. Technology wise it looks great. I wonder if we will ever see it here in the US?
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A little humor...

"How much is the battery?"
"Thirty thousand dollars plus installation fee?"
"and how much is that?"
"Four thousand dollars"
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the road...

"Hi! What'cha doin?"
"Camping out"
"Here?"
"Well we ran out of power and there are no nearby charging stations"
"And you carry and tent and camping outfit?"
"We refer to it as an emergency road kit"
"And no one has gone for help?"
"Nahh just as soon as the rain lets up the car will start charging...care for some beans and vienna sausage?"

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Like it.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice. :C

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
excellent