cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic A/C compressor kicks off

longrider1100
Explorer
Explorer
Our rear A/C compressor won't stay on. The rig is 6 months old and the front air works fine. The rear begins as normal with the fan and when the compressor comes on it immediately kicks off and the fan continues to run. We have a 2016 Cedar Creek fifth wheel.

Any ideas of what to check would help, thanks.
Time to camp.
9 REPLIES 9

longrider1100
Explorer
Explorer
It was a faulty start capacitor. Seems odd to me that it would fail in only 8 months.

Oh well, RVing is always an adventure.
Time to camp.

longrider1100
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, I did get a tech to come out tomorrow.

I'll let you know.
Time to camp.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
longrider1100 wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
have you tried reseting your thermastat?They sometimes loose communication and need reset

Do you know how to go about that?

NO. He does not, because he has NO idea what type of system you have. Dometic makes about 7 types of tstats. And, as I stated, NONE of those Tstats will cause your problem. Doug (Master Certified RV Technician)

longrider1100
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
have you tried reseting your thermastat?They sometimes loose communication and need reset

Do you know how to go about that?
Time to camp.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:

He stated that the compressor tries to come on then kicks off. Tstat would NEVER cause that type problem. Doug

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
50 amp service is not the issue. Turn the GOOD AC OFF. Attempt to run the BAD AC. If it reacts the same, then your service is NOT the issue. If on 50 amp service, you REALLY have 100 amps total service. Each AC is a max of 15 amps, so amp service is not the issue. IF the compressor starts and then kicks off, the odds are the compressor is locked up. If the Start capacitor was defective, then it would NOT attempt to start. Doug

longrider1100
Explorer
Explorer
Yes and have been at the same site for 2 months but checking the voltage at the post may be a good idea.

The wife just reminded me that we have surge protector and it should kick us offline on low voltage events.
Time to camp.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Are you plugged into 50a service?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro