cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic dmc4101 12vdc fridge not cooling and light blinking

Bdbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Fridge is about a year and a half old. Used about 4-5 weeks. This weekend the fridge went up to about 50 degrees and the freezer around 29-30. The lights that show the cold levels (5 snowflakes) went out and the middle one started flashing. Some sort of fault mode. Turned it off and back on and seemed to get cold again overnight but the started reverting back to the cool temps and flashing light. Fan in freezer has also stopped running. I can hear the compressor running tho. Been thru the manual issues and none of that fits. Roamed the internet and see a lot of references to low voltage being a potential. Anyone run into this before? Able to fix it or have to replace? Finding references that Dometic doesnโ€™t make parts for servicing so thatโ€™s not hopeful even if I figure out the problem.
Any help is appreciated. Looking for options before considering replacing.
6 REPLIES 6

Mags21
Explorer
Explorer

2023 wolf pup freezer is overworking fridge is not. I've tried resetting the snowflakes control temp. I've left the freezer open and turned off the fuse so it'll reset. I've tried completely unplugging the entire RV. NOTHING is working. Please help.

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III

So i have been doing some digging.. I found a part list online at youngfartsrvparts . com/pages/dometic-dmc4101lss-product-id-936100408-parts-list  its reference 289 for the part number.  I called a local dealer in Yuma,, Rv World and they were able to order it for me with it takeing about a week to get.. 

I have also been chasing down lead on teh fan motor as well.. 

20240104_180045.jpgwhen i put this number in google some stuff on amazon come up .. seems this is a popular evap/ freezer fan motor for other units but not this exact one.. the plugs are different , this is a small 3 pin adn the shaft is 2" long from the hub.. I found a couple that have close to same 2000 RPM but the shaft if shorter.. so going to see what i can do to retrofit a cheaper way to fix these things. 

Dometic has the parts fro this thing locked down TIGHT.. all i need is a fan motor but i gotta get all the other stuff.. stuff you have to remove to get ot fan motor.. go fricken figure. 

the back panel taken apart.the back panel taken apart.

Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

I found a similar replacement motor which requires the connector to be removed and switched from old motor along with the shaft taken out of old motor and put in new one.   if you pry the back of motor silver plug you can pull the shaft,, be careful to not loose the washer on shaft.. 

as for the plug wires , I just cut the new plug off, but the old plug off with spare wire spliced them together red to red etc.  put some elec tape of heat shrink on if you have. mount new fan back in, blade back on shaft,  put the back panel up make sure the blades are not jammed and tighten the two screws on top..   the replace fan motor on amazon is 

BCD-330WTV 12V 4W Freezing Fan Motor ZWF-02-4

Carl2591, Raleigh NC

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III

Having the same issues, blink light on temp side,, and noticed the fan will run at times and not run at times.  suspect it's either going bad or getting weak or something from the control module that there is 3 wires to it and have read it power, neg and feedback.. 

couple time when restarting noticed when compressor started the fan would "jump" and then not spin.. could take screwdrvier and spin blade to get started.. other times it starts and sping on it own.

did notice the other night the speed would go up and then down..  its rated at 2400 RPM so at full speed it moves a lot of air.. it ramps for 5 or so seconds then dies back to slower.. not sure what normal speed is as i have not sat and watched it like now..  

Suspect when the fan is not running and compressor is it causes the compressor to get flooded

with refrigerant20240102_164852.jpg

and high head forcing a shut off and the blinking light is error light.  ?  trying to find the fan motor.. drf 292wepoo 04 02b  with NO luck.. the shaft is 2.25 long.. on amazon they are 1.5 to 1.25

Carl2591, Raleigh NC

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
doughere wrote:
I'm just spit-balling, but I'd start with finding out why the fan in the freezer is not working. If its getting power, but not working; I'd suspect its not working could screw up the refrigeration system. If its not getting power, then it sounds like a control board problem.

I have absolutely no knowledge about this particular unit, this is just a thought on where to start looking !
Doug

Bingo. IF the fan does NOT run, it will not cool. Find and fix the fan problem. Most obvious is a BAD fan. Doug

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just spit-balling, but I'd start with finding out why the fan in the freezer is not working. If its getting power, but not working; I'd suspect its not working could screw up the refrigeration system. If its not getting power, then it sounds like a control board problem.

I have absolutely no knowledge about this particular unit, this is just a thought on where to start looking !
Doug