cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hard Start for Dometic Air Conditioner

KenS999
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I have a 2017 Forest River Cherokee wolf pup 16fq. I run the Dometic 13.5k btu air conditioner with a 4kw Pulsar inverter generator. Considering adding a hard start to the air conditioner to aid compressor startups. The model is a Dometic Brisk. Can anyone recommend a compatible aftermarket product part number from personal experience for this air conditioner unit. I have read that the Supco products occasionally burn up. Thanks,Ken
2 REPLIES 2

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There's only one down side of the Supco (which I have used). If the run cap dies while the unit is running, the Supco will keep it running and destroy the compressor in the process.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I added the Supco SPP6E to my last trailer with a Coleman MachIII. It has worked very well for well over 10 years. I've read lots of negative comments about it, but spoke to an HVAC professional before I bought it. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

I added Micro Air Easy Start to my Dometic Brisk Air 15k BTU A/C. It works very well with my Champion 3400 watt inverter gen. It costs quite a bit more than a hardstart kit though.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE