Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cheap solar panels

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Information here--not a recommendation just letting folks know.

https://www.wuuller.com/products/320-watt-monocrystalline-solar-panel-2-pack-4-pack-6-pack-8-pack-an...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
21 REPLIES 21

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, piano, for pointing this out -- yes, it might be a scam, but it is worth looking into. As my kids used to say when they were teenagers, "Good lookin' out, dawg!" (I'm not sure where they got that phrase, but it sometimes comes in handy.)
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone tries it (with caution) please let us know. Seems like a scam to me.

An alternative for getting "cheap solar panels" is to buy quality USED solar panels. Just test them before you buy (voltage and current) and you should be good to go. On my RVs, I installed multiple 250w used panels that I got for $35 each and they are producing great. No moving parts on solar panels, so they should last for years and years. If you worry about max efficiency issues with these used panels, buy one extra and put it up and you'll have more solar than you originally intended (...assuming you have the space).

Good luck!
Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Seriously? Normally $250, on sale for $60? You know what they say: "If it sounds too good to be true...". Looks like one of the ads off Facebook, total scam.

I'd be careful with these - 12 hr cancellation window after placing an order, buyer pays for the return shipping costs, original shipping costs not refunded on a return, shipping via Air or Sea, web site hosted in Germany, 35 day max return window from date of purchase, 7-10 days to process order, shipping could be "delayed" for 20 days, etc, etc.

Web site scam detector validator rates the site as a 48.6 out of 100, which is a moderate score and rates them with a warning of "Doubtful, Perilous. Alert." Web site/domain was created in Nov 2022, rated as a poor design, with fairly high rating for Threat Profile, Phishing Score, Malware Score.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder how many people they have scammed in the 6 weeks that their website has been active.

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
My scam detector is screaming at me.

There doesn't seem to be much on an internet search of this company.

Internet search indicates a good probability of scam.

Just google them, there is no evidence of any reputable company by that name at all, that I can find anyway. SCAM.

I'd only pay by a major credit card, don't ever pay people like this by paypal or zelle or ways of that type.

I'll just about wager they're going to get your credit card info and go to town with it.

If I decided to take a chance with these people, I'd ONLY use a credit card that lets me create a one time use only virtual card number that can only be used ONE TIME ONLY.

Proceed with caution, if at all. In fact, I'd not proceed at all.

Deal is "too good to be true".

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seriously? Normally $250, on sale for $60? You know what they say: "If it sounds too good to be true...". Looks like one of the ads off Facebook, total scam.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting: $0.11/W including shipping, made in USA. Seems to good to be true???

pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

Information here--not a recommendation just letting folks know.

https://www.wuuller.com/products/320-watt-monocrystalline-solar-panel-2-pack-4-pack-6-pack-8-pack-an...
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob