cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to Dump?

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
Most of our regular campgrounds are closed or has restrictions such as social distancing, limited occupancies and no access to showers/toilet facilities which are understandable. But no open dump stations?? :-\. Even Flying J/ Pilot gas has their dump station locked.

Where does one dump their black tank?

Well today I decided to drive to Walmart and bought two-20 ft of RV sewer hoses and a connector then to Lowes and bought 3" Black ABS Charlotte fittings, a 24โ€ pipe and glue to tie into my septic tank. We won't make a habit of dumping at home but only until dump stations opens again.
17 REPLIES 17

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:

Any particular reason you don't want to dump at home?

Just prefer to dump at a campground, one less thing to do when I get home. Just unload the trailer then park it in the barn.

Glad to read others doesn't have problems finding dump stations, I just shared my experience.

Flying J here has "Out of Order" on their dump station. Sandy Beach in Rio Vista, Ca closed their campground allowing only vehicles towing a boat to launch. State Park in Bodega Bay, CA has closed their bath/shower facilities along with their dump station. New Hogan Reservoir campgrounds also closed. Lake Camanche is allowing RV's with reservations only. No reservation campers are turned away. Just a few examples of the situation here close to my home.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Edd505, thanks for the link. That just might come in real handy.
Super!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Seon wrote:
We won't make a habit of dumping at home but only until dump stations opens again.

Any particular reason you don't want to dump at home? Since I rigged up a system at home, we rarely dump anywhere else, and only then because we were on a longer trip. If you just don't want to stretch out all that pipe, maybe a Sewer Solution, or other type of macerator, would work better for you.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
camperdave wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Must be a Cali issue...

Not for me, I've had no issues with campground dump stations.

Eh, was spitballing. Not sure what the OP's issue is then...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Most truck stops and gas station RV dumps are pay for use that I've seen, they are otherwise locked until they give you the key. I would love a way to dump at home simply for being able to drive home with a full tank of clean water and tank cleaning chemicals.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Must be a Cali issue...

Not for me, I've had no issues with campground dump stations.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

dedmiston
Grit dog wrote:
Must be a Cali issue...

I'm in CA and I haven't had any troubles dumping. We've been camping pretty regularly since April and haven't had any trouble at any of our regular dump spots (private CGs and local fairground).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Many city water reclamation sites will take RV black/gray water - worth a Google. Also - private campgrounds will often allow passing RV's to dump with a nominal charge.
Kevin

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Must be a Cali issue...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Dump Stations by state:

https://www.rvdumps.com/dump-stations-by-state/
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

TS21sso
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Yes, Flying J dumps are locked, but a Good Sam card & $7.50 will unlock them, or $10.00 without the card.

Or $5:00 with RVPlus card from Pilot/ Flying J.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some rest stops have dump stations. Google RV sewage dump near me.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, Flying J dumps are locked, but a Good Sam card & $7.50 will unlock them, or $10.00 without the card.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Our โ€œfinal dumpโ€ before our ferry ride home was always difficult and these days even tougher. I bought a cassette toilet and just empty into the base and dump it into our home toilet. Not ideal and takes a few trips , but our clean out for the sewer is on the other side of the house from the driveway so it works for me.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36