cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's your favorite electric shaver?

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
This is RV related since we have very little fresh water capacity in our class B. DH shaves the old fashioned way - with a razor and shaving cream. It takes lots of water so I'd really like to get a good electric shaver.

He's particular about having a close shave. Any recommendations?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
36 REPLIES 36

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Norelco with HQ9 heads, that system spins the cutters a little slower so the noise isn't as annoying. I don't know if they're making/selling new shavers that use that system.

I inherited high end Braun and Norelco models from my dad. I couldn't get used to the Braun's foil system again (my earliest electrics were foil). And the new Norelco was engineered in a way that I can't get the cutters as close to my nose or sideburns as my older model. So it doesn't do the trick for me.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a Panasonic Arc 4 and it's very nice. After getting used to it, it DOES get as close as a blade! And the bonus with foil shavers that actually work is that the hair is cut cleanly across, so when it grows out it isn't pointy like a razor cut hair is. A blade razor cuts across the hair in a diagonal fashion making a point on the end of the hair. A foil razor traps and shears the hair making it blunt across the end.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
Best is a wet/dry Norelco and shaving in the shower. I am 50/50 between a Braun and a Norelco. My RV has a Norelco in it, and I use a Braun at home. The Braun is nice because it cleans itself (or you pay $10 a cartridge per month so it can do that.)

I look horri-bad with any facial hair, so even on vacation, I keep things mowed.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Since I retired, my stubble gets mowed at about a 2 week interval. i had to get up and check the brand on the razor that has served me well for a few years. it is Norelco. :R

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
Quote: "A wet shave that takes 20-25 minutes?"

I "think" that post about a 20-25 minute shave that has befuddled several posters was posted by a woman. At least, there also was a reference to the person's hubby who could do everything in a helmet. However, who can be sure nowadays. Modern humans are still evolving into that whole man/woman/thing thing.

Personally, I stopped shaving when I retired 15 years ago. I could never take it up again because none of my grandchildren have seem my naked face. I'm too conceited to show them how ugly I am under there.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Horizon170 wrote:
the bear II wrote:
Norelco but after seeing the replies I may consider switching to Braun....

Me too---I do sharpen my blades on 2000 grit wet paper.
Dur to my taking blood thinners I have to use electric or get a transfusion every month.;)

:H

Been on Warfarin for 5 yrs
I nick myself occasionally...normal amount
But styptic pen works just like it did pre-Warfarin

Can't use a electric shaver....whiskers 'curl' and I end up with MAJOR razor burn

Good ole double edge blade, shave soap/brush and a basin of hot water.
Swish, swish done. Nice clean close shave until next time

When RV bathroom sink should NEVER be left running when shaving, brushing teeth, washing face/hands, combing hair etc etc
Stopper and fill basin OR turn water on/off
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
Norelco but after seeing the replies I may consider switching to Braun....

Me too---I do sharpen my blades on 2000 grit wet paper.
Dur to my taking blood thinners I have to use electric or get a transfusion every month.;)
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Actually you can shave with a razor and use very little water if you know how. Never cared for electric razors
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

napadan
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
A wet shave that takes 20-25 minutes?

Wet shaving with a double edge only takes me 5 or 6 minutes.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
The Braun series 7 Iโ€™ve had several years but as I aged, it gave me razor burn. I have switched back to my Norelco. I assume it depends on ones skin.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Braun. Works for me.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just tell him not to shave when your camping.

I haven't shaved in 35 years. I have a electric beard trimmer though. And I do shave a little on my cheeks and neck. I use disposable razors and canned shaving cream for that. Very little water needed.

My fist can of shaving cream lasted for over 10 years. Then it got rusty and one day I came home to find that it had blown up. The rust got so bad that the bottom came off.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just shave in the shower it uses no extra water and softens your beard so the blade lasts longer.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
We.....?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)