cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vent Stack Covers

j_robinson389
Explorer
Explorer
This has probably been covered before, but since it was such a common search term it quickly became a daunting task so here I am.

We bought our first camper last winter and after it's first trip out, I am now missing 2 of my 3 vent stack caps. I was very careful where we drove, so I am think they were so brittle the wind took them. My main question is: is it okay to replace just the cap and not the base as well? If so, is any one familiar with a cap that fits this style of base? It looks different than most that I have seen that are held on by two metal tangs.

6 REPLIES 6

joegray
Explorer
Explorer
I lost both vent cap tops. The plastic dried up and broke. I bought the spring clip vent caps. The little spring clips fit down the vent and hold the cap on tight. Have had mine on for about 4 years with no problems. They are cheap and don't require scraping the old base and sealant off.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Replace all with galvanized metal one and you don't have any problem again.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Download that image to your computer and use this app to create an image link.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
I lost 3 or 4 of the plastic replacement caps on the TC. I kept thinking a low hanging branch caught them. I was in an RV parts store and spotted a solid metal vent. Bought it , installed it 4 years ago and it is still there. It is this type. metal vent
This is from Amazon's Canadian site so I am sure you can get the same thing from the U.S.A site.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
j.robinson389 wrote:
This has probably been covered before, but since it was such a common search term it quickly became a daunting task so here I am.

We bought our first camper last winter and after it's first trip out, I am now missing 2 of my 3 vent stack caps. I was very careful where we drove, so I am think they were so brittle the wind took them. My main question is: is it okay to replace just the cap and not the base as well? If so, is any one familiar with a cap that fits this style of base? It looks different than most that I have seen that are held on by two metal tangs.

Your link won't load.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No picture.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad