cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toting RV power cord

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
25 ft of power cord is a bit to move around.

What are others using to tote the power cord around?
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.
40 REPLIES 40

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
A milk crate works great. I have a 25'power cord, a 50' extension cord ans 3 pigtails in one. Pretty heavy lifting in and out but I am 76 years old semi disabled and I manage it. They are available from Amazon and most container stores but if you talk right you might get one free from your grocer.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
LKHA wrote:
What size SO cord I have seen anywhere from 10-4 to 6-4

You really need 6/4 to safely carry 50 amps any distance. The 40' of SO cable in the 3 gal. bucket is 6/4.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

LKHA
Explorer
Explorer
What size SO cord I have seen anywhere from 10-4 to 6-4
1st: 1981 29' Chieftain
2nd: 1988 29' Travelmaster
3rd: 1990 35' HR Alumalite.
4th; 1999 35' Windsong by Forest River
Current;2015 fuzion 403 Chrome
08 3500 DRW Silverado duramax

RET US ARMY

rhagfo wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I for one , would not want to wrestle that anaconda just to place plastic ties around it,,, Especially in the cold.. It takes on a shape of its own!

Well as mentioned before I killed the Anaconda and replaced with a very flexible solution. Total cost about $150 for 40'.
And it coils sooo easy, fits in this 3 gallon bucket at 35 degrees!

That is the only way to tame the anaconda! My 50amp was not the flex cord and It got old fast !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Not really mentioned, but sometimes it's worthwhile to make a 10'-15' cord that will be used the majority of the time and save the long one for when you need it.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
I want to thank everyone that contributed to this thread.

It was informative to many. Many people have creative ideas on ways to do simple tasks. This sharing can help to have a better day.

Thank and safe travels, KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Veebyes wrote:
A laundry basket user here for the 50amp cord. Enough of the trailer end sticks out so that the whole thing does not have to be taken out. Pull what is needed out of the basket to reach the post & leave basket with remaining cord under trailer.

Did it the hard way for about 6 years before coming up with this easy way of dealing with it.

DUH!!!
That's exactly how I deal with mine: laundry basket that sits under the slide and take out what I need to reach the pedestal. Works very well.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
A laundry basket user here for the 50amp cord. Enough of the trailer end sticks out so that the whole thing does not have to be taken out. Pull what is needed out of the basket to reach the post & leave basket with remaining cord under trailer.

Did it the hard way for about 6 years before coming up with this easy way of dealing with it.

DUH!!!
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
I for one , would not want to wrestle that anaconda just to place plastic ties around it,,, Especially in the cold.. It takes on a shape of its own!

Well as mentioned before I killed the Anaconda and replaced with a very flexible solution. Total cost about $150 for 40'.
And it coils sooo easy, fits in this 3 gallon bucket at 35 degrees!

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rockhillmanor wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"I'd love one of the flexible SO cords. But can't bring myself to spend the money"

Buy the parts and make a nice FLEXIBLE cord then sell your current one that will offset the price. AMAZON has the cord in bulk and the cAMCO ends at great prices. Buy 100' and some ends and sell the extra ones to make yours no cost.

They sell a very 'inexpensive' answer to that, already made an ready to use. :B

I bought them and use them for EVERYTHING I need to attach to the back end of my MH! Once they are on and twisted nothing moves an inch.

I tie an extension ladder and 4 heavy ex-pens tied to that to my MH ladder and they are on their tight for the ride. I have thrown out all my bungee's and ratchet straps! These do NOT make any marks on whatever you tie up.

Rubber coated with a thick heavy wire inside. Comes in different lengths. find at hardware stores and big box stores.I've been using the same ones that come on and off at every CG stop and they are still like new.:C

Are we both talking electrical cords?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"I'd love one of the flexible SO cords. But can't bring myself to spend the money"

Buy the parts and make a nice FLEXIBLE cord then sell your current one that will offset the price. AMAZON has the cord in bulk and the cAMCO ends at great prices. Buy 100' and some ends and sell the extra ones to make yours no cost.

They sell a very 'inexpensive' answer to that, already made an ready to use. :B

I bought them and use them for EVERYTHING I need to attach to the back end of my MH! Once they are on and twisted nothing moves an inch.

I tie an extension ladder and 4 heavy ex-pens tied to that to my MH ladder and they are on their tight for the ride. I have thrown out all my bungee's and ratchet straps! These do NOT make any marks on whatever you tie up.

Rubber coated with a thick heavy wire inside. Comes in different lengths. find at hardware stores and big box stores.I've been using the same ones that come on and off at every CG stop and they are still like new.:C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

It's unfortunately above my paygrade with abilities. I'm a computer guy and electricity scares me. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I actually have 2 factory power cords that I could sell off. Maybe this summer when I'm back at my in-laws. My father-in-law is a master of all kinds of trades and could likely do it.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
ORbiker wrote:
25 ft of power cord is a bit to move around.
What are others using to tote the power cord around?

They come in all sizes and has a handle for carrying. they ratchet to fit the size you need and they ratchet nice and tight.

I use them for everything. Keeps everything round and flat for storage on top of each other to save space in the RV bays and the handle just can't be beat for moving them to where you need them.

http://cableclamp.com/

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.