cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire pressure gauge

Birdnst
Explorer
Explorer
We all monitor our tires as evident from a lot of posts about tires.
The question l have is what pressure gauge?
I have 3 different ones Kobalt digital, Accurite digital, and parts store dial gauge, all 3 give a different reading, don't know which one is right.
What are you using?
If you cannot take good care of what you have, you will not have anything good for very long!!!
10 REPLIES 10

dedmiston
Here is the recent thread on the same topic. Lots of info, some of it is even good.

Tire pressure gauges

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
There's a recent 3 plus page diatribe on this. All you could ever want to hear about the subject.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Depends on how much difference there is between the three. I have 4 that I use regularly and they all agree within 1-2 psi.

Which one do you use the most ,or do you just switch off from one to the other :@

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have several and they all match. They also match the TPMS readings. The only bad gauge is on the compressor. It was OK when new but is now off by almost 10 psi. There does not seem to be any way to calibrate it so I just know to take the pressure up to about 90 psi on the compressor so the actual pressure is about 80 psi.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on how much difference there is between the three. I have 4 that I use regularly and they all agree within 1-2 psi.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Birdnst wrote:
We all monitor our tires as evident from a lot of posts about tires.
The question l have is what pressure gauge?
I have 3 different ones Kobalt digital, Accurite digital, and parts store dial gauge, all 3 give a different reading, don't know which one is right.
What are you using?

If you check further down on General RVing Issues page 1 ,you will see six pages of this subject, and many options for a gauge.

I have used a simple stick gauge for years, thats got the numbers nearly worn off, and its as accurate as I need. I see no need to invest a lot of money in one. It matches my trucks TPMS to the psi. ,and its within 3 psi of my fifth wheels TPMS. As said no need for anything else.

Pick one see where it matches up with a TPMS ,and be done .

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Just slightly off topic but which of your digital clocks shows the real time?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Just use the same gauge everytime. Each vehicle I own has its own tire gauge in the glove compartment.

I prefer "name brand" gauges. Decades ago the NAPA "stick gauge" (the simple air gauge) was ranked very high compared to others. I still prefer NAPA gauges, don't know if they are still as good.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
That's the problem. It's been said that a mechanic with one gauge knows what his pressure is. A mechanic with 2 gauges is never sure! As long as your within a few pounds of where you need to be you will be OK.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use the Accurite, but unless one seems way different, I'd just use the one you like.

Jerry