cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Oil pressure Warning

dnichola
Explorer
Explorer

I have a 2017 Ford F-150 towing a Transcend Travel trailer with a GVWR of 6995 lbs.  On two occasions, while towing at 60-65 mph on interstates, I have gotten a low oil pressure warning and the oil pressure gauge drops.  Prior to the warning, I notice some loss of power (seem to need to accelerate more to maintain speed).  On both occasions, we stopped, checked the oil --- it was fine --- and waited about an hour.  After an hour, started up the truck and it ran fine the rest of the trip -- another 500 miles or so! Does this sound like a true low oil pressure warning or something else?   This has never happened when NOT towing the trailer.  Any ideas appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5

dnichola
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for your suggestions.  How/where did you "google" this and find it a common problem? Seems that might help me to look at the results of your google search.  Also, how do I find the "Tow" forum?

Try “2007 F150 low oil pressure”?

This is sort of like explaining how to use a telephone or any other common device or task. Maybe google how to google?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

@dnichola wrote:

Also, how do I find the "Tow" forum?

Go to the top of the page and hover over Everything RV. In the drop down you will find the Tow Vehicles forum.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Just google "2017 Ford F-150 low oil pressure warning". Lots of things come up- especially in forums for ford truck owners. 

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III

Going to assume you are changing your oil at the prescribed intervals. Googling this it seems it's a common problem. Most common fixes are the oil pressure switch, sensor, or the oil pump itself. Some have even had luck cleaning the contacts and wiring harness. Also you might have more luck posting this in the Tow vehicles forum. This page is for feedback on the website itself. 

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS