Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Service Experiences- Two Different Service Centers

pmlevine
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some less than optimal RV service experiences:
1) brought our TT in for brake service and foolishly took advantage of the Service Center's "complimentary roof inspection". I knew the TT roof was basically sound because I had it covered all winter and did a quick visual inspection before dropping off the TT for service. The Service Center called me and emailed me photos showing there were holes in the sealant on the roof, and that the repair estimate was $1000. I refused authorization to repair the roof. When I had the TT home I went topside and found the Service Center tech had gouged various raised sealant areas. I cleaned up the areas and applied appropriate sealant myself.
2) at another Service Center I had the black water valve replaced because it had seized. The removal and replacement of the black water valve was good, but in order to access the valve mechanism the underbelly wrapping of the TT had to be cut and then re-taped. When I got the TT home I found the re-tape job was poor, there were various gaps which would let water and critters up inside. The quality of the tape used for the repair was very thin and suspect. I removed all the tape, cleaned the area with acetone and alcohol, and then reapplied good quality tape to the underside of the TT.

In the case of the TT roof, I will never go back to that RV Service place again. When they called to inform me about the holes in the sealant, I mentioned the TT was covered all winter and I inspected the roof before bringing it in - and asked how the holes got in the sealant- I was told: "I have no idea".
In the case of the black water valve repair, the re-tape job was shoddy. Why didn't I bring the TT back to the Service place? It is a 1 1/2 hour drive from my home.
So I would like to ask members for a recommendation for a reliable RV Service Center in the eastern Massachusetts area.
5 REPLIES 5

pmlevine
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to take Joe's suggestion and go with Mobile Tech. There are some repairs and maintenance I can do myself, but I lack the expertise to do brakes, and major repairs.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like youโ€™re redoing everyoneโ€™s shoddy work. Maybe you should just do it yourself in the first place?
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Find mobile tech that services your area. You can then save the drive and watch will they do the work..... here's one I just googled. Mobile Tech
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
we have a good mom/pop dealer here in ohio camper care edinburg ohio . never had a problem and had a few emg jobs done, they always tell me whats going on. have never tried ripping me off.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck. Dealers survive off of selling high priced services. As you said, something they wanted 1000 bucks for you did yourself for 20 bucks most likely...fixing THEIR damage. The dealership I take my truck to for service is the same way, starving for vehicle sales but surviving on service sales. I have to say there are honest dealers out there but are like needles in a haystack to find. Now you know who NOT to go to.