cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for solar powered (or not) wifi security cameras

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Looking into adding several wifi security cams for the RV. Anybody have any experiences or good knowledge to share?

Thanks!
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
9 REPLIES 9

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Did you have to pay import duties, as it looks like that company is in Great Britain?

I'm pretty sure they are somewhere in Asia. I bought the Argus 2 and the half dozen or so other Reolink IP Cameras I have bought from Amazon. No import duties.

I've used several other brand cameras. I don't think I'd ever use anything other than Reolink. Their customer service is pretty good, both through email and on the phone. All the cameras I am currently using can be used with a NVR or Computer. I used to use a computer to store video, but now I just use the MicroSD card on the camera and access with phone app or Desktop client.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at Eufy cameras with built in solar. They have a homebase device that can be added for about $150. It has potentially massive storage and management features. So far this seems like the most RV friendly system I've seen.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

ncscz
Explorer
Explorer
Reolink Argus 2 cameras with solar can be found at B & H Photo starting at $80. I have used B & H for several Reolink cameras and they have always been very competitive on price. And if you have any questions the customer service is top line.
CarriGo
Model 2320

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
mgirardo wrote:
Reolink makes several WiFi cameras that can be recharged with a small solar panel. I have the Argus 2 and am very happy with it.

-Michael
Did you have to pay import duties, as it looks like that company is in Great Britain?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Reolink makes several WiFi cameras that can be recharged with a small solar panel. I have the Argus 2 and am very happy with it.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Wyze V2 cameras. They work great and are good for the budget.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Check out RIMG. Great Wifi solar powered camera selections
2010 Suncruiser

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the Wyze outdoor cameras. Battery powered, or solar, but needs a wifi connection. If you have a wifi router you'd be good. They will reconnect after a power outage. They don't require a service charge, unless you want to pay for it. I don't.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Vosker Cameras.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36