cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Dealer Sales

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Facebook is now being bombarded by RV dealer ads. How low will they go?
3 REPLIES 3

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
FB ads are tailored to your browsing habits, what you like, a certain demographic, - a complicated algorithm. FB buys data and information as well as collecting information from you outside of FB itself. Data is the new oil and marketing is targeted to every click and search you make online. Your data is grabbed and shared across all kinds of vendors and platforms. FB has become especially irritating lately as they have made it impossible to opt out of ads altogether. You have to literally opt out of each individual company and tomorrow more show up. I've seen a recent spike in ad activity on my newsfeed - and I click spam on every one. Probably not really helping but it makes me feel good temporarily. It's a decent way to stay connected, but I think after this pandemic is over I am closing my account.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
It wonโ€™t stop because itโ€™s effective. Possibly not with you but traffic is generated.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
RV Dealer ads have been there a long time. The ads you see on a program like Facebook, or Fox News, or ABC, or CNN, are partially based upon how you browse the internet.

The more 'time' or 'hits' you have on certain types of sites, the morE ads you will see related to those sites/ topics.

In the old days, we got junk mail based upon what we ordered by mail, what magazines we subscribed to, etc.

It is just a 21st century update of direct marketing that has been going on for years. And they get better at it every year, every month, every day.

The average person probably sees 1,000% maybe 10,000% more advertising today than we did 40 years ago when the apartment 30 gallon trash bin in the mail box area filled up twice each day.

It will never stop, never let up.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT