cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great UltraFab Customer Service

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago I upgraded our K-Z Spree's manual tongue jack to an UltraFab 3002 electric model because it was all metal construction and by removing four bolts I could rotate the head 180 degrees so it would clear our truck's tailgate. Years later we sold that family trailer and bought our current Coachmen Freedom Express couple's model which came with an LCI power tongue jack. However, by that time I was towing with an Avalanche with a much higher cargo box & therefore a much wider tailgate so there's no way it would clear the LCI's really large plastic head, even if rotated. :M Based on my previous experience with the UltraFab 3002 I decided to replace the LCI with an UltraFab 3502 because it has much smaller metal head and it's base plate has multiple holes which allow rotating the entire jack 90 degrees. No joy - it still wouldn't clear the Av's large tailgate. ๐Ÿ˜ž However, this past spring I replaced the Av with another Silverado and joy of joy, the 3502's head just clears the tailgate! :B

Each fall when preparing the trailer for winter storage I always remove the electric tongue jack and replace it with a manual version - keeps it out of the elements and allows me to grease it & clean it up for the next season. Uh Oh - when I pulled the 3502 off a "nut" & 3 washers fell out of the inner tube. :E Just today I finally got around to emailing UltraFab, asking how to best repair it ... surprisingly I received a response within an hour with an offer to replace the entire jack, no charge! Yes, mine is still within the 2 yr warranty but I was sure the best I could do would be replacement parts with instructions on how to install them. Turns out UltraFab recognized a problem with this stop nut which is now welded to the drive shaft so there's no way this problem can be repeated. My new 3502 is being shipped out tomorrow and since they don't want my original one back I guess I have it for spare parts in the unlikely event they'd ever be needed. Kudos to UltraFab for so readily stepping up to the plate! :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380
3 REPLIES 3

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œI always remove the electric tongue jack and replace it with a manual version - keeps it out of the elements and allows me to grease it & clean it up for the next season.โ€

Thatโ€™s a bunch of work for jack under warranty purchased for $130-140. Other ways to keep out the elements.

I put a plastic pail over the jack head and call it good.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œI always remove the electric tongue jack and replace it with a manual version - keeps it out of the elements and allows me to grease it & clean it up for the next season.โ€

Lwiddis wrote:
Thatโ€™s a bunch of work for jack under warranty purchased for $130-140. Other ways to keep out the elements.

Nonsense - 3 bolts and it's out. ๐Ÿ˜„ And it's nowhere near $130 here in Canada. FWIW, my brand new replacement arrived by UPS today, no charge at all - no freight, no import duties, no nothing. Would always recommend an all metal UltraFab tongue jack with factory support that actually backs up the product. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad