cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blowout and Coach-Net

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
First blowout ever Friday afternoon. Rt52 Pilot Mt, NC. Great customer service from Coach-Net. When the 1st responder didn't show up after 30min, they dispatched a 2nd responder. Follow up calls just to make sure.

The rest of the story.

1st guy shows up. Roll back truck. Blocks of wood and bottle jacks w/ screw driver handle. Starts to jack the trailer up by the bumper so he could get another bottle jack under the axle.

2nd guy pulls up at this time. Tire service truck. Proper equipment. Told the 1st guy I didn't think he was doing the job correctly, and to pack up and go. 2nd changed the tire in 15min. Snider Fleet Services, Winston Salem.

2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBS "Pressure Relief 4"
2017 Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowledge is good". Emil Faber
12 REPLIES 12

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:
Glad to hear that Coach Net took care of you right. ๐Ÿ™‚

Seriously thinking about dumping Good Sam ERS and going to CoachNet.

Tow truck driver shows up, even though was dispatched by Good Sam, he has never heard of them. Says he has instructions to tow it to car dealer a couple blocks down the street, and nowhere else.

CoachNet does the same thing. We had CoachNet for 1 year free after purchasing our HTT. The Tow Vehicle broke down (turned out to be a bad fuel pump). We were about 90 miles from our destination. CoachNet told us they could only tow us to the nearest Dealership, about 10 miles away and they'd have the driver drop our HTT at the nearest campground, they wouldn't allow us to pay extra to go where we wanted. We called AAA (we had AAA Plus with RV). They towed us the 90 miles to our destination campground and then dropped the tow vehicle at the dealership a few miles from the campground.

AAA has a lot of haters and sometimes they have left us waiting for a couple hours on the side of the road, sometimes their fault, sometimes a slow tow truck driver or a driver that was far from us, but we've always been able to get towed where we want and if it is a further tow than the 100 mile tow that we have for free, we can pay a few extra dollars per mile. The one thing I really like about AAA is it works with any vehicle, no matter who owns it, as long as I am there with my card, I get service.

On the East Coast, AAA has never let us down. We've never had to use it anywhere else. Have used it in NJ, PA, VA, NC & GA.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've been on the forum 18 years and have read many, many posts on the quality of service from both GS and CN. Hands down CN gets better comments by a wide margin over the years.
If I needed a roadside assistance plan, it would be them.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had Coach-Net for 15 years after GS let me down many years ago.
About 5 years ago the exhaust pipe blew off the backside of the turbo and the hot air melted my air lines. Got the coach parked at a road side pullout before the brakes locked up from low air pressure.

Called Coach-Net and they had a tow truck arrive two hours later. The nearest Freightliner shop that was 40 miles away couldn't look at it for 2 weeks.
I advised Coach-Net that I was heading south in about 5 days and needed the coach fixed much sooner than that. They called another Freightliner shop that was 160 miles away that could repair it the next day and offered to tow it there at No charge to me. It was repaired and I picked up the coach two days later.

I have yet to hear of GS, AAA, or any other ERS company that has offered to tow a vehicle 120 miles further just to accommodate my schedule. I'll stick with Coach-Net.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mr. C wrote:
Goodyear Endurance were ordered yesterday.

Good call!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
Goodyear Endurance were ordered yesterday.

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pack a TrailerAid Plus. Why wait, get it done your self in a few minutes. Do your self a favor and change out to GY ENDURANCE Tires.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, I used them 2 times that week. Saturday late afternoon when I was getting ready to hook up the camper, I locked both set of keys in the trunk.

Talk to a live person almost immediately. The first thing out of her mouth was 'Are you in a safe location?'

My truck was unlocked in about an hour.

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to hear that Coach Net took care of you right. ๐Ÿ™‚

Seriously thinking about dumping Good Sam ERS and going to CoachNet.

Last weekend, for the second time, Good Same ERS came up horribly lacking when we needed them, and it wasn't even for the RV.

My son (who is covered under our Good Sam ERS policy) had a breakdown, needed his car towed. Called Good Sam ERS, after a good 15 minutes of trying to fumble through their very confusing automated phone system, finally reached an actual person, explained what was going on, and they dispatched a tow truck. Explained very clearly to them, that he wanted to tow the car to the dealer where he bought the car, about a 20 mile tow.

Tow truck driver shows up, even though was dispatched by Good Sam, he has never heard of them. Says he has instructions to tow it to car dealer a couple blocks down the street, and nowhere else. He calls dispatcher back, they swear that we told them this was OK, that we wanted it towed to this nearby dealer (we most certainly did not). Refused to do anything else unless we call back Good Sam and start a whole new ticket, and we'd have to pay for part of the tow since it was farther than they wanted to take it.

Said nuts with it, told that tow operator (and good sam ERS) that their services are not needed, and we called a local tow company nearby. They were there in 20 minutes, and gladly towed it where he wanted for a fair price (probably about the same as Good Sam would've charged since we didn't want them to take it to the dealer just a few blocks away, haha).

This was second time in the last year when we needed them for a tow when a car had a breakdown, and the same basic thing happened both times - they wanted to tow it to some mom-n-pops place just a mile or two away, and if we wanted it towed any further, it would cost about the same as it would cost for us to get someone on our own (that got there much quicker).

It seems they (Good Sam ERS) are pretty much worthless for tows when you are in a town or highly populated area where you can get your own tow much easier and quicker. Not sure if Coach Net would be any better under those circumstances, but between the extremely difficult phone system they have, and the fact they have proven worthless twice now when we needed a tow...I am very frustrated with Good Sam ERS.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad you had a good experience with Coachnet... mine was not so good. We were 29 hours on the side of a very busy road before they got us a truck.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Regarding jacks.. I carried my own air/hydraulic bottle jack.... Sort funny story.
Had a guy having a devil of a time getting his 5er centered on the leveling boards so finally I told him get level and will pick it up and center the boards... I can only lift 20 tons.. You can imagine the look Got.

While he leveled I returned to my rig's service side and loaded the jack and compressor..... When I pulled the dragon wagon (A yard and garden wagon. Very handy for many thigns) full of tools back.. He understood my comment.

Story 2 Car.. Porter taking it back to dealer for tire service did not make it. Help on the way but I was there .. he's prepping the factory bumper scissors jack
I have a proper hydraulic floor jack
Also a proper ratchet wrench with the proper size socket.

Easiest "on the road" tire change he ever did.. And this time.. I got to watch.

That poor dealer just lost dang near all their inverntory of new and used cars due to a hail storm (OUCH)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Similar service about six years ago with CoachNet.

Truck blew water pump - middle of nowhere. Called Coachnet. Told them I was however many miles it was to next town (I knew where I was, but still middle of nowhere). I remembered street names I passed. Operator was able to pretty much locate me based on that.

It was raining and dark out. She called to see if they showed up yet. Told her no. She called the tow truck driver, got a location, called me back and then followed up again given the ETA. Really great service.

Glad to see it wasn't one-off.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
So great to see this...after sitting for over 2hrs on I70 waiting on "AAA" to show up (which they never did) I am glad I got rid of them & got Coach-Net.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo