cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gadgets & Gizmos

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Who else has has bought these add ons only to find out that they do not perform as advertised and what did you do with them?
20 REPLIES 20

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
We regret our portable small panda washing machine, used it once, have to manually ring out the clothes before handing them up... Now I use it for washing out my polishing cloths in the shed
Proud father of a US Marine

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Cobb Grill used it once then it sat exposed to elements all summer in Washington state. Does someone out there want it?

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
There is a gadget and gizmo's forum on this site

You're correct Bob! (This forum on the RV.Net site)

Sooooo....other than wondering what you're asking -

......why didn't you post there??..:h

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
Tyler0215 wrote:
What gadgets and gizmos??

If the item is advertised "As seen on TV" it's probably a Gadget or Gizmo. AKA: JUNK.

Usually but, not always. I love my Precision Nuwave Pro Induction Cooktops. They are a advertised on TV item. I checked them out on-line and bought a kit that came with 2 of them, a steamer, and some pans included. They were so handy that I got rid of the stove in the kitchen of my house and just use the Induction Cooktops instead. (I also have a large toaster oven and a microwave)

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I almost bought that same icemaker. Fortunately I'm glad I didn't, In retrospect I know now that is would have sat in the cabinet as well.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Counter Top Ice Maker. Impulse buy after someone on here posted an online clearance price of like 50 or 60 bucks. Ran it in the house to make sure it worked, packed it in the RV to never be seen again.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
  • Received a propane tank level sensor one Christmas. This is one of the sensors that screw onto the propane hose. They are a complete waste of money as by the nature of propane the gauge reads full until the tank is empty.
  • Sewer hose support. possibly a decent value, but I just never user it.
  • Little carpet mat for entry step. It's in the trailer somewhere, but again not ever used.
  • I hate to admit it, but a 2000w pure sine wave inverter. I just run my 600w as it's much more portable. (no I don't want to sell the 2000w).
  • A small folding plastic step since I lifted the trailer and the steps are higher. It's smaller than the bottom step and not very stable.
  • A permanent mount black tank rinser. Now on the third one, hose blows off or it eventually leaks at the connection. I'm really starting to question why I'm concerned if there is something left in the tank after I dump. With a family of 5 the tank is never empty for very long.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Love my WeBoost, extra key ring, coat rack. Hate my sewer hose support.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably the most useless "gadget" was the Coleman Grill-Top Coffeemaker. If we wanted a cup tomorrow, that's fine, but good golly, it took way to long to make a pot of coffee. We went back to the old fashioned perk coffeepot.
We gave it to a friend as he'd been looking at them. I suspect it's still stored in his "items never to be seen again until his kids clean out the place" garage....
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

I once bought a 12V kettle for times of no shore power or genny.

That was the most useless piece of junk waste of money ever. Seems to me it was over 20 minutes to boil enough water for a cup of coffee.

Used it once, gave it to Value Village...
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wireless printers? Couldn't live without one. Well, I could but they're so convenient why do without one? What problem did you have?

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Grit Dog to make things simple....like remote sensors....tank level monitors....wifi applications for the rv....remote door locks....burgular alarms....motion sensor lights....wireless back up cameras....wireless printers.....those things not preinstalled on the rv...these are gizmos and gadgets..

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bob, wake up. Youโ€™re sleep posting again.
Please finish your thoughts in the morning!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Only thing I have bought that did not perform as I expected was a tripod stabilizer for the 5er. Helped little. Used it a year, then set it out in front of the trailer at an RV park with a $40 sign on it and it was gone within an hour. About an $80 net loss.

One came with our trailer and I put it on Craigโ€™s list. It was gone the next day for $50. I wonder how often these Tri-pods get shuffled from one owner to the next.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS