cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic FRig operation

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning. Learning my new systems. Frig has three modes; gas electric; and auto. If my generator runs out of gas while on ac mode, will it default back to propane? Doing some driveway camping to become familiar with all the new onboard gadgets. It's goin gto be different than the old "88" C.
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer
6 REPLIES 6

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
Just an FYI - I just finished a trip - a couple of weeks - and running my fridge on Propane only I used only 5 gallons - with using the stove almost nightly and water heater when needed.

Running the fridge on a generator - it's going to be much more expensive to run the generator than it is to use Propane.

If you're running the generator anyway, well, then it may not matter.

Be Well,

Josh

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
pbitschura wrote:
Good morning. Learning my new systems. Frig has three modes; gas electric; and auto. If my generator runs out of gas while on ac mode, will it default back to propane? Doing some driveway camping to become familiar with all the new onboard gadgets. It's goin gto be different than the old "88" C.

To answer your question.
You can LOCK it on Gas or Electric and I sometimes did lock mine on gas for one reason or another. And if you do it will not switch.

But if the AUTO light is lit.. then yes. if the generator stops for any reason it switches to gas. Or at least tries to (If you are out of propane then it can not). Still needs 12 volts however.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
If set to Auto then yes it should automatically switch to propane when the power goes out. One caveat though. Make sure the propane lines are purged of air and the refrigerator will run on propane.

On my trailer when I pull it our of storage the propane does not work until I light a stove burner to purge the lines of air. If the lines are still full of air then the refrigerator pilot has no chance of lighting.
My old camper needed the lp lines purged ever time I relit the stove/refrigerator, so thanks.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your question was, IF ON AC will it auto switch to LP when 120 gone. the answer is NO. You must have it on AUTO for that to happen. Doug

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
If set to Auto then yes it should automatically switch to propane when the power goes out.
Thank you.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
If set to Auto then yes it should automatically switch to propane when the power goes out. One caveat though. Make sure the propane lines are purged of air and the refrigerator will run on propane.

On my trailer when I pull it our of storage the propane does not work until I light a stove burner to purge the lines of air. If the lines are still full of air then the refrigerator pilot has no chance of lighting.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup