cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anderson ultimate connection steel version demo 6099 rails

Nato556
Explorer
Explorer
After many have recommended over the aluminum version I just installed the steel version of this hitch in a 2018 ram 2500 with the factory puck system. I notice Where the Anderson hooks into the rails is a bit of play. Not the rails, they are tight,but the tabs of the hitch that fit in the rail is where the play is. IS THIS NORMAL?, I don't see how there couldn't be because the hitch attach's with fat pins thru the rail and secures them with cotter. The tabs on the Anderson don't totally fill the notches in the demo 6099 rails. Let me know and thanks ahead of time!
6 REPLIES 6

Nato556
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent! Thank you all for your help!

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Try these: Curt Manufacturing CURT 16900 5th Wheel Rail Sound Dampening Pads

$3.76 and Amazon Prime. They will take out the slop and reduce any clunking noise you may have at that joint. Worked great for me.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Is the play up and down? It's common to have some up and down play. I've had to shim my rail version B&W as well as the Andersen with some old bicycle inner tube pieces.
Does the Andersen just drop in or do you have to work to get it in?

Ditto on the old bike tubes. A little play between the rails and any fifth wheel hitch is common, but the tubes eliminate it. I just cut a rectangle in a section of it and then stick it on the hitch before dropping it in the rails. The Curt I used before had some play between it and the rails too, but the hitch was such a clanky mess it hid the issue.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Nato556
Explorer
Explorer
The play is foward and back about 3/16ths or less maybe an 1/8th,not so much up and down. The tabs that you put in the rails drop in easy but seem to have some space. Let me know thanks

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Is the play up and down? It's common to have some up and down play. I've had to shim my rail version B&W as well as the Andersen with some old bicycle inner tube pieces.
Does the Andersen just drop in or do you have to work to get it in?

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
A bit of play/slop in any FW hitch is not good. If you can't get a secure/solid fit, I would return hitch, and go with plan B. I would not be happy with a new truck, that has the solid puck system, and then have to deal with the rattle/noise from a hitch system that is not a proper fit.

Jerry