cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

14" SNOW

JoeGood988
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Wall, SD....dumped 14" at one measurement but some other areas look deeper. We don't carry snowshovels anymore.
2003 3330 Jayco Legacy
13 REPLIES 13

ams1130
Explorer
Explorer
30% chance of flurries in Saskatchewan tonight ๐Ÿ˜ž
Ford F150
2014 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been stopped by a snow storm a few times. One time I spent three days in a flying J waiting for the roads to clear. Another time I just stayed in the campground as nobody was coming in they had no issues with extending my stay. I have stayed in Sleepy Hollow CG in Wall and have waited out a heavy line of thunderstorms and tornados one year.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

morphrider
Explorer
Explorer
pconroy328 wrote:
JiminDenver wrote:
We have a good 10 inches in the back yard here in Denver. Lots of broken tree branches, will probably lose one of our big maples due to it.

I'm 30 mins north and woke up early to knock some of the branches clean. My neighbor's tree broke a large limb but overall it seems better than previous years.

It's almost all melted, already. ๐Ÿ™‚

Here in Mead we only had couple inches. Think this will be our last one (hopefully)

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Do you need to go anywhere? Sit back....relax and enjoy it!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
My sympathies. Seems our snow days are gone. It was 90 today, quite warm for this time of year. Our last patch of snow on the cul-de-sac finally melted on 4/30.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't carry snowshovels anymore......then watca doing in Wall SD this time of year :H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just stay put and enjoy a good book!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JoeGood988
Explorer
Explorer
Put the truck in 4WD and worked back and forth opening a parking spot before making it out on the street. Went downtown Wall and about a dozen cars. I'm sure I-90 is back open as it's melting fast...I feel for those trying to travel last night. We are parked in a private camping spot about 2 blocks from Drug Store.
2003 3330 Jayco Legacy

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
JoeGood988 wrote:
We are at Wall, SD....dumped 14" at one measurement but some other areas look deeper. We don't carry snowshovels anymore.

looks like Wall has a blizzard warning in effect until 6pm local but temps will rebound into the 50's and mid-to-upper 60's next week. shouldn't take too long to melt most of that. which campground are you in? is 90 closed?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
We have a good 10 inches in the back yard here in Denver. Lots of broken tree branches, will probably lose one of our big maples due to it.

I'm 30 mins north and woke up early to knock some of the branches clean. My neighbor's tree broke a large limb but overall it seems better than previous years.

It's almost all melted, already. ๐Ÿ™‚

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
You debated on whether to get four wheel drive when you bought the truck and decided to get it just in-case. Good choice.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck getting out of that mess.