cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Want CD player for new truck

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I'm excited about my 2021 Ford F350 diesel, but it has no CD player. I suppose that only old folks listen to CDs, but that's what we like to do.

I have the Lariat entertainment system with a USB input, but do NOT have SYNC. I'll see what my local automobile stereo store has, but I welcome a suggestion.
34 REPLIES 34

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
60 CDs with 15 songs each is 900 songs. Wouldn't even fill half of a 16G thumb drive I have 700 songs on a thumb drive. Just drove from Illinois to Georgia and didn't hear the same song twice.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
wildwood: We listen to classical music (symphonies, complete operas), and will take 50 or 60 CD's with us on a extended trip. Thumb drive may not be the right idea for us, but it may a good solution for somebody out there. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Can you guys recomend how to hook up my 8 tracks?
Yea, unfortunately, I too have gone away from cds, and most of the ones i have from when they first came out are starting to degrade. Mostly i use the pandora through the phone.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
First.. When I got my jeep that's what I thought. but I finally found where they hid the CD player (Trust me well hidden)

However I have a couple of FM stereo transmitters lying about that plug into a portable DVD player (I recommend a DVD player over a CD.. Will explain (I hope)

And there is the AUX in as well (I have patch cords)

On older gear there was no AUX in by default but there was an optional plug in aux in (or CD or Satellite or _______) moduel and I plugged.

Now why the DVD over a portable CD... Better buffering.. It's takes one super rough road to shake up the DVD enough to skip (Same as an in-dash type) but most walkman style CD players if the driver sneezes with the player on the passenger seat.. SKIP time
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
How many CDโ€™s do you play? May be time to switch to another media. There are several ways you can copy CDโ€™s to usb thumb drives, copy cdโ€™s to iPhone or other smart phone and then play them through the dash entertainment system either via blue tooth or perhaps direct cable.

Not to long ago I had the same issue and decided to opt to ditching the CDโ€™s I still listen to and just buy the songs on the CDโ€™s I actually like and download them from Apple. You might be surprised how many songs on anyone CD you really like. Especially if you have some older โ€œGreatest Hitsโ€ and there will be some you say that song was never that good. If youโ€™re not a Apple user I suspect Android phones have similar features.

Once on the phone I bought a blue tooth enabled speaker which a can take anywhere an play from my phone.

Good options out there.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT