cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon or T-Mobile

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of giving up Verizon in favor of T-Mobile..Main reason is cost for 2 line limited (2GB) data plan.. Has anyone made the switch to T-Mobile? Comments or Opinions..
18 REPLIES 18

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 55+ plan as well. However, the Magenta plan costs more and adds additional services.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
TMobile 55+ Magenta plan is $35 so two phones with unlimited calls and data costs us $70/month.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on your needs you may want to look into US Mobile. I switched from Verizon almost a year ago and have been happy with the move. They are a reseller using Verizon and T Mobile towers depending on your location and your choice. They have lots of plans and they are different between the two carriers. I have 5 devices two iPads and 3 iPhones and went with Verizon towers since it has better coverage. Two iPhones don't get used much for data, so I put them in a shared pool with unlimited text/phone and 1GB of data cost $21 for the pair, more data can be bought for $2/GB. One iPhone and 2 iPads are on a plan that gives me unlimited text/phone and 75GB of data then they may drop to a slower rate depending on traffic. Because I have 3 on that plan they cost $25 ea. So $96/month. Same number of devices but limited to a shared 2GB across them cost me $130 with Verizon. Never had a compliant about Verizon but wanted more data and lower monthly costs. Prices/plans are always changing but they have locked me in at the rates I have now so look them over and see if they have a plan for you. US Mobile does every thing by phone and chat. I find chat works best because of language barrier. I sometimes have to ask a couple of ways in a chat before they answer me but they have always answered the question or fixed the problem.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Danger Don wrote:
It may feel better but they did not lose you at all.

Yes, Verizon DID lose me as a customer.

I know full well that Visible is owned by Verizon. I knew that a year ago. I dumped Verizon as my provider and switched to Visible like I said before.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Danger_Don
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
1492 wrote:
I have Verizon Visible for my smartphone, unlimited calls/text/data, for $25. month. Now $30. for new subscribers.

My Visible phone arrived yesterday. I got all the apps installed last night. Today I will get the cellular part of it configured.

Verizon lost me due to their rate increase last summer and the 5gb data limit on my current plan, which is an old plan from 4 years ago. A higher data plan would cost more, and I'm not interested in spending MORE money on a cell phone plan.

It may feel better but they did not lose you at all.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I've been a Verizon customer for years, and I'm generally happy with the service

Recently, I had an occasional problem where I would dial a number, but the call wouldn't go through. Instead, the phone would just hang up.

I brought my phone to the local Verizon store, and the tech knew right away what the problem was. He changed the SIM card, and it appears all is OK now.:C
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
That the Mobley. I use the same service in a Netgear router.

Yes! That's it!
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
That the Mobley. I use the same service in a Netgear router.

MrWizard
I had Verizon 2 phones avgering $147 per month, and at&t hot spot, $39 , total $186
first i dropped Att and got the T-Mobile home Internet gateway $50 month,
Then i dropped 1 Verizon line and ported my number to Visible $25 month,
Total $75 month
I am very happy with Both services
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
I have Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T hotspots......I use AT&T about 90% of the time, Verizon 9% of the time to text and voice and T-Mobile 1%.....Where I often camp, outside city limits, T_MOBILE rarely works. But I only pay $30 a month for unlimited / no throttling service so I hate to give it up. I was a charter subscriber a few years ago on a program they no longer offer. But the AT&T plan was the little device that plugs into your OBD slot (can't remember the name)...Removed the SIM and put it into a Unite Explore router. Works everywhere I've been with either a WeBoost or a Yagi antenna on a 16' flag pole mount...Best part is $23 a month! I'm currently out in the high desert of New Mexico, about 20 miles from the closest tower and watching YouTubes on TV with the AT&T router....

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use T-Mobile (55+ plan. total bill slightly rounded 75/month. Unlimited.. Everything and fairly good service wherever I go)

Verizon... Well I've a "Thing" about one of the companies that makes up Verizon so I have not tried them... NOTE.. It might not be a legit "Thing" any more which is why I'm less than specific.

But I have a few folks I knwo who use Verizon.... not as happy as I am with T.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rctour
Explorer
Explorer
Neither!

I had been with Verizon for a really long time but finally got bothered by my bill where I had two Android phones plus a MIFI and paid $167 a month.

I switched to Consumer Cellular where we have the same exact coverage as my old Verizon, don't have the MIFI but use my Android hot-spot for other attachments like our tablets, plus 5G, other, and all for $60 a month.

I'm too old to be stupid.
2017.5 Lance 2295
2021 Silverado Duramax

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had T mobile for quite some time on their " Magenta Plus " deal which benefits me on my recent change to T mobile Home Internet at 30 or 35.00 a month instead of the 50 bucks a month.

We do maintain a "visible " phone on the Verizon Network (25.00) as a redundancy for times when our T mobile has no signal. We use one or the other as our Not Spot. I have an AT&T SIM card for the do-hickey come on the roof but only load it when necessary.

So in a word....Happy with T mobile!??as

PS
A quick word on my switch to T mobile Home Internet. Prior, we had a bundle with Frontier communications for too long at roughly 170.-180.00 a month with a relatively slow fiber line(as fiber goes), home phone and basic TV( which I didn't need but it was cheaper to include it rather than getting the two options I wanted). Granted my current internet speed fluctuates somewhat depending on time, it still does the job. I also went with Ooma internet phone(so far so good).
Long story short......from 180.00 per month to 45.00 Per month.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
1492 wrote:
I have Verizon Visible for my smartphone, unlimited calls/text/data, for $25. month. Now $30. for new subscribers.

My Visible phone arrived yesterday. I got all the apps installed last night. Today I will get the cellular part of it configured.

Verizon lost me due to their rate increase last summer and the 5gb data limit on my current plan, which is an old plan from 4 years ago. A higher data plan would cost more, and I'm not interested in spending MORE money on a cell phone plan.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator