cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solis Lit hotspot

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
hey, I'm wondering if anyone has an experience using the solis wifi hotspot. I am thinking of picking one up along with one of their data plans so I can have wifi when camping. Ideally I want something I can use to stream. We do alot of camping in Canada and usually do a two or three trip to the US so having something that works in both spots is very appealing. I'm just curious if anyone has any positive or negative experiences with how it works or some other recommendations. Thanks!
Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
5 REPLIES 5

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Read this before buying. It sounds like a finicky device to get working. It's a really old article, so surely things are better now, at least one would hope.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
thanks for the help though!
Camper:
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
solis claims to work in over 135 countries and doesn't use a sim card so it isn't limited by being linked to any specific cell service provider, it appears it can use just about any provider in the world so the likelihood of picking up a signal is greater
Camper:
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bell seems to be offering 100GB plan for about $100 per month. It's the only one I know that works on both sides of the border. Well, my friend has a phone with unknown data caps that works here and there but it's a small outfit and is very expensive.

We have phones and data for here (I'm in Florida at the moment) and phones and data for home.

The only one that works on both sides of the border is sat. TV but the bird that covers USA is failing fast - might or might not last this season. Some say they can get some Canadian TV using VPNs but that's iffy.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
What cellular service? Is that specific to Alberta? If not ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile, they are buying service from one of the big 3 typically. Why not just get one from your cellular service provider and bundle the plans?