cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Streaming

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Never done this before so have no idea... Got a T Mobile 5G hotspot and could not get unlimited data like the home unit. Best I could do was 10 gig. If I'm streaming something like direct tv with a Roku, will I be able to do a week of streaming and stay within the 10 gigs? Once again, I have no idea at all on how quickly I will eat up data streaming. Thanks for any answers.
20 REPLIES 20

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Its pricey, but we have Starlink AND Dish.
We also have TV and internet ANYWHERE.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
Get the Tmobile internet. We stream with that all the time and you can take it with you. Very portable.$50 a month tax included.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well to begin with my Mobley with unlimited data and streaming at 4G LTE is only 23.00 a month and with an adapter I can use it anywhere besides in the truck where I can plug it into a small portable inverter or the OBI port in the truck or into cigarette type power port. So far Mobley has been a powerful and reliable modem hot spot. Additionally, I carry small tablet and laptop on frequent fish/camping trips to California coast and Sacramento River delta.

Since I am not a chatter/gab box I have AT&T prepaid for only a dollar a day and only on the days I actually use the phone to receive or make calls. I have unlimited talk all day long for only $1.00 a day plus text receive and send. Also can send/receive Voic Mail. The Mobley is excellent backup if my home spectrum internet is not functioning and that has never occurred in last 7 or 8 years since I have had it.

Additionally, thru out Reno and on the road to most anywhere I have excellent access to free Wi Fi at hundreds of locations with no sign in required. Both my At&T phone and Mobley receive excellent cellular signal even in the remote locations I frequently visit such as distant beaches at giant Pyramid Lake Indian reservation. All is good and life is good. Cheers from a cheap Charlie

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I need to ask - why do you need a Mobely? Our phones have unlimited data and I use that all the time for streaming without a problem. I was just wondering what I am missing about having one is all.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
LouLawrence wrote:
I love my Mobley as well (not actually using the Mobley, only the Mobley SIM in a Netgear router). However, where I am currently located the AT&T service is pretty bad. Also, those of us who were able to snatch up the Mobley during the short time it was available are the lucky ones. Touting the fact that you have a Mobley is helpful to no one as this service has not been available to new users for a very long time.

Well Mr. Arrogant with your snarky reply you must be bored and looking for someone to attack. I noticed you were the first to mention/tout the Mobley so get off your high horse. If I am a braggard then so are you and we have a lot of company on the forums. Maybe you are just biased as a

Yes I am a proud and happy owner of the AT&T Mobley and AT&T has been good to me in many other ways. I was smart enough and not lucky to snap up this offer as it would not last. Eat your heart out Mr. Je and Cheers from the rodeo.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Mobley as well (not actually using the Mobley, only the Mobley SIM in a Netgear router). However, where I am currently located the AT&T service is pretty bad. Also, those of us who were able to snatch up the Mobley during the short time it was available are the lucky ones. Touting the fact that you have a Mobley is helpful to no one as this service has not been available to new users for a very long time.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Download movies and shows before leaving home and save your data.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have no data or streaming limits/caps on my car AT&T Mobley hot spot modem or on my Spectrum Home Internet fiber service and speed approaching 400MBPS.

With an adapter I use my Mobley in hotel rooms, at home as backup, etc.

Of course, everything could change for the worse tomorrow. All good for now.

Cheers from The Big Tent.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
https://support.roku.com/article/360037927713

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
This was on the hot spot... not the home tower in Sterling, Colorado so I'm assuming they don't have good T-Mobile coverage there but ATT did, hence the better Mobley performance.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer

The top 2 readings were just done. T mobile runs over my Mobley!

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
My Mobley (SIM In a Netgear router) has not been performing well at our current location in Vegas. That's why we picked up the T Mobile Home. The performance is far superior. Where we go next may be the exact opposite.

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick update... Mobley worked fine for streaming... good thing too, I checked the T Mobile hotspot and it was only doing .9mbs.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, I also use my wonderful AT&T Mobley for a great deal of streaming when on numerous camping/fishing trips plus I find free wifi is easily available at so many locations just about everywhere so no need to eat up the GBs. I have a running list of those locations including many chain fast food joints and of course Starbucks. Rollin, Rollin, Rollin.