cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Dish question

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Ok Ive had Directv for many many years. I have 3 receivers at home and 1 in my permanent up north. The box up north is on the same service as my home.
Can I do this with Dish as well? I understand I will have to set it up and install, etc. But Im ready to dump Directv because of VERY poor customer service.

Im not interested in OTA service. I cannot get the things I want to watch OTA. And streaming in not an option.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
srt20 wrote:
Ok Ive had Directv for many many years. I have 3 receivers at home and 1 in my permanent up north. The box up north is on the same service as my home.
Can I do this with Dish as well? I understand I will have to set it up and install, etc. But Im ready to dump Directv because of VERY poor customer service.

Im not interested in OTA service. I cannot get the things I want to watch OTA. And streaming in not an option.

Thanks

YES.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We have had Dish at home for 15+ yrs and in the RV for 10 yrs. Have never had a problem with equipment or customer service.

We have the $7 per month dishformyrv account added to our home account. We have one receiver we normally leave in the RV, but can take it to our house or any where else we want. With dishformyrv, if we are out of our home area we can call or chat Dish, tell them we want to change our service address (not billing address), and a few minute later get local channels from the nearest large population center. DW wants her favorite programs in the time frame she expects them. Don’t know if you can do that without the dishformyrv account.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
My MH neighbor just told me he is so sick of direct tv he is going to dish.

Maybe neither is that great.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
I left cable behind for DirecTv at home and on the road when we really started to camp seriously and now have been with Dish for almost 3 years. DirecTv programming is a bit more in tune with my “sports-centric” taste, but Dish has been far and away more friendlier and flexible in accommodating my home away from home TV needs both in the camper and at my remote hunting camp. There is the whole no HBO thing with Dish going on now which may sway some people elsewhere. For me, it’s really all about the beautiful HD signal and ease of set up with a carryout via my Pathway X2. There is no other way to get HD from an automatic portable than with Dish currently.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had Directv for years.

Switched to DISH a few years ago. MUCH better for RV use and I thought better customer service but I haven’t had any equipment issues.

I use a Winegard Pathway X2 auto align carryout dome with a 211Z.
Plug it in, click the built in menu that recognizes the dome.
You’re done. $400.

DISH has Eastern and western arcs so better chance for signal with trees.

DISH App lets you reauthorize your box without calling in.

DISH to GO lets you download tons of content to iPad or device to take with.

DISH is a little cheaper.

No carryout gives you HD with Directv.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't see a reason you wouldn't be able to do so, we have been back and forth with both Sat TV providers for decades to obtain promotional pricing and always have several receivers at home while adding a receiver to our account for use while RVing around the country, Dish seems more RV friendly than Directv.

Customer service from either is hit or miss, although while RVing Dish is much easier to work with via Dish Chat on our smartphone. Can easily modify local channels wherever we travel in a couple of minutes. If you set up your own sat antenna as we do, the process for Directv is a bit easier than for Dish.

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
I had dish for many years. t\There service was exceptional, but it got expensive. I went back to cable at home, where they offered tv, internet and telephone for less than half of just dish tv. I do miss it in the TT though as we dry camp....
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
my contract with dish is up in may. I'm going back to direct tv. with dish I pay less then with direct but I've also gotten what I pay for with dish. nothing but equipment problems and so far I'm on my third remote. instead of fixing the problem they send a remote and think that will solve the problem. bad company to work with.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I can;t think of any internet or media service which is known for "good customer service". Best to choose based on the offerings and the price.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
What is the problem with customer no service?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have Dish in our home and RV and Mt. cabin all on the same account.
No problems...just be aware the locals are all on the same, which means we change as we travel and it affects the home as well, but we are not there so don't care.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage