Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tripod for pathfinder X2

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
I just got a pathfinder x2 satellite
What tripod do you use. I was looking at the Tripod Mount TR-1518. It looks a little expensive for what it is and not even a bubble level. Are there any alternatives, has anybody put a bubble level on there's. I was kinda thinkinf of putting it on a small table that I carry in the camper. What does the rest here do.
Thanks in advance.
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch
9 REPLIES 9

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I took the tri-pod plate and attached it to the X2 with Allen head screws. Made some 3" short legs for it. Now the bottom square loop is off the ground and I can run a cable lock through it. Never heard of anyone getting a Dish stolen but it gives me peace of mind when gone for most of the day while camping in FS campgrounds. Most people aren't carrying a set of Allen head wrenches with them or walking around with bolt cutters.
Also with the attached all the time, all I have to do is swap out the legs if needed. Which isn't very often. Usually set it on the ground, table or the roof.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
With our portable antenna, I never have used a tripod. Too tippy.

Just use a picnic table or other small table to get it a few niches off the ground. I have even set it on top of the trailer or slide roof.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is flimsy.
I do try to level the antenna.
The flimsy legs allows for adjustment.
So, it's a good thing.
I used to twist the antenna on the tripod to lock.
That is kind of a pain.
Now, I just set the rubber feet into the holes.
Haven't had any problems, yet....
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
I found a used tr 1518 on amazon half price. About what Id say its worth. Looked like new, flimsy but gets the job done.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the information. That is why I love this forum. You guys have been very informative thanks!
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I use this tripod for my Pathfinder.
The antenna and the tripod lock together.
Have been very satisfied with this unit.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are no pathfinder x2 tripods I know of unless someone self fabricated a one off . The dome is too large and since the whole dome rotates ( not just the reflector ) itโ€™s not a stable idea. Just put it on a table or better yet just set it on the ground. Mine sits on the ground in Nw rain with no issues , just donโ€™t put it in a pond of course! It does not need to be โ€œtotallyโ€ level ( the reason for a tripod) .. it corrects for small out of level conditions in its set up.
Bill

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You don't need a tripod. You can set it on a table or in a chair and it will do just fine. I don't believe the TR1518 has the same hole pattern for the feet of the X2 so might not fit properly. You do need to keep it off the ground if there's any possibility of standing water as the base is not sealed.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a number X2's and other domes sitting on low cost plastic tables. There's really no need for a bubble level. Eyeball level should easily get it within the recommended ยฑ3ยฐ max. Point the handle roughly north and your good to go.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate