cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirecTV

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
For everyone having issues with DirecYV and the horrible software associated with GenieI or GenieII here are a couple of contacts to complain.
This email address is for the Office of the President DirecTV
Pr1080@att.com
This phone number is for a lady who says she is in the office of the President
Phone number
208 914 2535.
I have been told its going to take 4 to 6 months to fix the horrible software.
Seems their engineers are too dumb to figure out how to go back 4 updates to one that actually worked pretty good until they can get their act together.
Maybe if they get enough complaints they will figure it out.
9 REPLIES 9

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Huh.

Ive been dealing with this garbage too!
Glad to know DTV is trying to fix the problem.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Belgique wrote:
Happens to us all the time since the roll out of the "new" interface. Recorded programs will be there one minute and the next they are gone. Have to reset to get them back. Deleting a program throws you back somewhere obscure in the List.

They may have fixed this. Noticed a difference in screen graphics last week and just realized that the loss of programs and weird navigation hasn't happened in a week...it used to happen every day or so. Fingers crossed.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are always on the road but we have a Trav'ler so the receiver has no idea that anything is different from a home account. We have had an HR34, 44 and now 54 without any issues. However, this has nothing at all to do with those folks who ARE having problems. It's just new information to me and something I will be looking out for in the future.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
I have had the HR44 for over 2 years and have never had a problem with it. Play recorded programs almost every day. The receiver has gone on the road with us a lot of times.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Happens to us all the time since the roll out of the "new" interface. Recorded programs will be there one minute and the next they are gone. Have to reset to get them back. Deleting a program throws you back somewhere obscure in the List.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guess I am lucky. I have never seen any such issues. I do have the HR54 so maybe that's why.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
Recordings not showing up HR-44. Have to reset daily. No temporary fix works. Complain to the FCC.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Recordedrograms freeze and,the only way to restart them is a hard reset. Program unreliable. Recorded programs dont show up or disappear for days on end. Thats just the start.
Direct is aware of the problems, but refuses to fix them, or claims its going to take months to resolve.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What kind of issues? What's not happening or is happening? Use my Genie (HR54) everyday and have no issues.