cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you replaced the wiper seal on the top of your slides?

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

The rubber is starting to degrade on my wipers.

Has anybody replaced theirs? I'm trying to figure out what size to get. 

My rig is a 2011 Voltage 3950.

4 REPLIES 4

deltafired0g55s
Explorer II
Explorer II

Try looking on Amazon.  I replaced the wiper seals, D seals and secondary seals last year on my 5th wheel slides.  The wiper seals come in several widths and can have the groove for the D seals or not.  Yours appear to have the groove.  You will have to measure the width of the wiper and the total width incl. the D seal groove.  Lengths usually 25'.  Got my D seals from Zoro.com also 25' long .  AP Products is one mfgr of secondary seals and mine were 30' long also from Amazon.  Takes some time and don't skip any prep work.  It's not hard to do.  Good luck.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

The wipes on the sides of the slides are smaller and I'm pretty sure I can find those. The top seems bigger than what's available. The horizontal part is about 2.5" then another inch vertical under the D seal track.

I've asked Dutchmen about this but they haven't responded.

IMG_0553.JPG

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad

I have replaced the side seals but no the top on my "C". Get some slideout seal lubricate and spray some on a rag and wipe your seals a couple times a year. Check your slideout manufacturer for  the size of your seals. You have to measure the width to get the proper size. I found mine at E-Trailer and Amazon.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad

I have not replaced so can not help, I guess replace with same size! You might what to check out Steele Rubber for replacement product.

Steele Rubber Products - RV Home Page

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly