cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is an RV Resort??

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at, what is suppose a RV Resort were you pay by the month an have to furnish the amenities beside Electric (cable, water, etc.)
24 REPLIES 24

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
dtgunner7 wrote:
Has anyone stayed at, what is suppose a RV Resort were you pay by the month an have to furnish the amenities beside Electric (cable, water, etc.)

remember staying at one resort campground that didn't even furnish a dump station! :B

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
I think 'expensive' is going to be area related. Maybe the terms less expensive and more expensive relative to the cg's in the immediate area would be better.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Define your term of "expensive", "not expensive". To us, expensive would probably be 40 or more. 35-40 borderline expensive. We use various public operated campgrounds which can be expensive but usually less than private and we don't care about pools, golf, etc. but $$ isn't the top criteria, its nature.
Jayco-noslide

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is what it is in the eyes & marketing of it's owner. Your opinion may differ greatly.

I'd expect a nice paved or concrete parking pad, a decent & clean picnic table, a decent functioning fire ring, separation between sites, a proper pool, a pavilion, dog area, maybe a playground, maybe putt putt golf, a generally well maintained CG & a price significantly higher than any basic CGs & SPs in the area.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Resort" is just a way to charge more for the same thing it was when it was called a "RV Park"
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
dtgunner7 wrote:

https://www.google.com/search?q=outdoor+resorts+of+america&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiP29mWoP7lAhWtV98KHShrBgoQBSgAegQIDRAm&biw=1536&bih=760

ORA was before the Great Recession the top bar of the Ladder - it has broken up but some have retained the Name.

Had many great spots in Florida and California - Las Vegas - Hilton Head had two - Virginia Beach had One - Lake Toxaway........on and on - most were RV sites surrounding a Par 3 Golf Course with Owner sites that were Beautiful. Still alive just not as one common site.

Not for everyone - but if you just wanted a place to Stay not Tour they were nice.

Takes a number of Wally*Mart nights to keep the cost in Line ๐Ÿ™‚

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried a $75 a night resort recently and could not leave fast enough.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the websites for Bluewater Key and Hearthside Grove, and youโ€™ll then know what a true RV resort is.

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
I found resort = expensive, I avoid anything with resort in it's name and look for RV park.

The point is that just because it has "resort" in the name, it doesn't mean it's an expensive resort. If you avoid all "resorts", you'll miss some great spots.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
I found resort = expensive, I avoid anything with resort in it's name and look for RV park.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

ATCguy
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said... the term "resort" is vague at best. However, as a full-timer for the past 5 years, I have seen a few that meet the criteria. One if them is a place I stay every other winter or so... huge property with almost 3000 sites, yet none of them are small. The place has its own 18-hole par-3 golf course, clubhouse, and pro shop... no less than 5 different pool areas with jacuzzis & bath houses... 8 tennis lighted tennis courts, a shuffleboard & horseshoe complex, lawn bowling complex with its own clubhouse, softball field, 12 different dog park areas (including an AKC dog agility park), 32 pickle ball courts (24 of them lit), library, billiards room, various arts & crafts rooms & classes, woodworking shop, car-wash area, a fully equipped fitness & workout facility (machines & free weights) with various aerobics classes, etc, etc, etc. And while it's not cheap, it does at least measure up to what I'd classify as a resort.
Tom
2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3200
2014 Ford F-450 Platinum
2017 BMW R1200GS Rallye

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I avoid them but I would expect full hook-ups probably cable, a pool and likely other entertainments. Manicured grounds rather than natural and high cost.
Jayco-noslide

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
An RV resort is any RV park in which my RV is shabbier than everyone else's. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."