cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recomendations for Lakeview OH

rbcamping
Explorer
Explorer
My new camper just came of the assembly line and I'm due to pick it up mid April in Lakeview OH. Any suggestions on a park nearby to test everything out for two nights before hitting the road for Florida

Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

rbcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the info
I don't know the exact date I will be there and I still have to do the inspection before taking the camper, who knows they may have some issues to repair after the inspection. If I only get electric, for two days that's OK. Any ideal as to what the weather might be like in mid April? I want to be fully prepared.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
If you are picking it up at RVW the closest state park is Indian Lake which is just a few miles down the road. They have added more FHU sites but they go quickly so my advice wold be to book a site now if you want FHU. If not the park is rather large and usually you can find an electric only site.

RVW does not have any 'stay on site' sites. Indian lake is close by and would be my recommendation so if you have any questions or problems you are very close by to the dealer. Other parks that some have mentioned like Heuston woods is hours away from Laekeview

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Buck Creek lake State park is a little northeast of Dayton. Very nice state park with electric hookups. Nice separation between sites,nice camp store and bathrooms.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call your pick up dealer he,ll know.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Ohio Parks are great stays. Hueston woods is outstanding. There are several commercial parks on indian lake. If you are going east from lake Deleware and Alum creek state parks are near Columbus and are outstanding parks. I avoid commercial parks when I am able just don't need playgrounds and overpriced site stacked side by side.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
When we purchased our RV at a large RV seller in Cincinnati, OH; they had about 10 sites on the property where we could spend a day or two becoming familiar with all of the systems in our new one.

Give them a call, they may have a setup similar.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For questions like this I refer to my trusty Campground Directory or, if one is not available, do a Google search for `Lakeview, OH campgrounds' or wait until someone sees and responds to this post with a good idea.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

METZCOOL
Explorer
Explorer
Indian lake state park would be my choice.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Aren't there some RV dealers in that area? If you want to be close to repair facilities in case anything goes wrong, they would probably let you stay on their premises long enough to test everything in your new rig.
Beyond that, I'll defer to the suggestions of others for commercial places to stay for your maiden voyage.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)