cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pull Thru - Full Hook-ups & near flowing creek/stream

Mack_Miller
Explorer
Explorer
Wife & I are beginning to plan for a trip in the DC area (from S Central LA). We love peace & quite but shade & coolness better. Anyone have any suggestions into such potential sites. Thinking this fall - after children are back in school.
5 REPLIES 5

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
My own experience says the best sites, often have electric and water only, due to the environmental risk of a sewer backup or a black tank mishap ending up in the water ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm usually more than willing to stop at the dump site as we leave, as the price we pay for the sounds of a babbling brook or waves lapping along the shore!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Mack Miller wrote:
Wife & I are beginning to plan for a trip in the DC area (from S Central LA). We love peace & quite but shade & coolness better. Anyone have any suggestions into such potential sites. Thinking this fall - after children are back in school.

In the area just not too Close - C&O Canal Towpath - Brunswick, MD

But on the River and Quiet

Zoom in and go to satellite to see if it works for you.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
It depends somewhat how close to DC you want to be. If you're within reasonable public transit range, you'll have a hard time getting everything.

Shaded and I think some (relatively few) pull-through sites, trees, etc., but no hookups: Greenbelt NP, maybe a 45 minute walk/hike to the closest Metro station. When I was there (Thanksgiving week) it was very quiet, in fact nearly abandoned. The cost is very reasonable.

Some pull-throughs, full hookups, nice landscaping and good management, but not quite so shady or secluded sites: Cherry Hill RV park, with bus or shuttle service to the (not too distant) Metro station right at hand. They consistently get very good marks for catering to tourists and helping with getting around etc. This is probably the closest to what you're looking for.

Somewhat in-between, I think: Lake Fairfax county park, in Reston, VA, a not too long walk to the Metro station. They have electric only sites, I think none pull-through.

I think these are the three campgrounds closest to metro stations around DC. If you're willing to drive some and/or take commuter rail, there are some more options...that I'm not at all familiar with myself.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking for stops along the way? If so, you may actually find what you are looking for. My advice would be to get more specific as to the area and your willingness to go off the beaten path. If you are looking for those same items in the Washington DC metro, forget it.

Moved from ATC