cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power to inverter

SUMRX4
Explorer
Explorer
Need some quick advice please. Set up yesterday and everything was fine. Woke up this am to the Co detector chirping. Realized I didn’t have any lights. Looked around and unit is dead. I have power at the pole confirmed by my power watchdog. My inverter is not on. Will not turn on. Nothing on the screen. Xantrex freedom x inverter in a 2021 KZ Durango Gold. Battery switch is on and relay to battery is not tripped. Have 4 days ahead on me here and 4hrs from home. Help! ????
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One thing I will warn you about.. on the inverter.. if it's like Mine. like inverter the wire leads all (Both 12 and 120 volt) connect in apanel in what I call the REAR (opposite the fan)... and there is a fuse.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have a voltage meter always check the power with that. By just looking, you don't know if it is the plug, fuse, ground or loose wire. I had a problem with mine a while ago, so I down loaded the trouble shooter document for it and found that it was working fine. The problem was elsewhere. If you don't have VOM then learn how to use one and get a good one. Good luck!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Might be a good idea to load check the batteries as they should have lasted the night if initially charged.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Sumrx4,
Thank you for closing this item out.
Matt_C
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

SUMRX4
Explorer
Explorer
Nevermind I’m still sleep apparently. The breaker for the converter was tripped in my panel box. All seems fine now.