cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CW False Advertising, Marcus should be p,ssed

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
On Saturday I received a email from Camping World, one of the items was up to $160 off a Tire Minder TM-77 tire pressure monitoring system. I clicked on the link and was taken to the TM-77,s. None showed $160 off. I called Sales (Shela), she could not find any and I would have to talk to a supervisor.(non in). Finally Roy called me back a couple of hours later, he couldnโ€™t help, would have to talk to Marketing on Monday. I sent an email to Marcusโ€™s VIP office. I got back a BS reply that I didnโ€™t understand what up to $160 meant. Called back to the VIP office, talked to Melonie, she wasnโ€™t able to help, would have to send an email to their program department...of course, no one there until Monday. But someone would get in touch with me first thing Monday morning.

Here it is, Monday PM, and have not heard from anything from Camping World regarding my case number 01453689.

Marcus, you say โ€œif Iโ€™m not happy, youโ€™re not happyโ€. I passed โ€œunhappyโ€ Iโ€™m p,ssed.
You should really be passed unhappy and โ€œtotally p,ssedโ€ at the amount of money your employees are wasting because no one will make a decision. But they are sure good at ????, and making it not their problem. Hate to see your money going to waste, and having customers waste their time trying to order something that Camping World has advertised.
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.
18 REPLIES 18

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
somewhat naive to not know what "UP TO" means.
bumpy

Give it a rest please.

"up to" SHOULD mean that they are actually offering one variety of the product that will be discounted that amount from it's "regular" price.

AND when you contact them, they should be able to tell you WHICH specific one is selling at the quoted discount.

If they can't, then their advertisement constitutes FRAUD.

Pretty simple really. Nothing "naive" about it.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

Yeah bumpy...they might as well had said โ€œup to a million dollars offโ€, Iโ€™m not naive....I just understand what words mean. PM me and I will take the time to explain to you. That way in the future you will not be so naive.
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Calm down and let CW sort this out.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You sound like a grouchy old man!

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello Rough2000,

Thank you for the update, we are pleased you were assisted.
Have a good day and safe travels.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Feel free to close this now if you desire

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Typical sales gimmic. Up to $160 off means you could get your regular BS discount of say $10.00 and it is not false advertising. Did the ad say up to, or did it say $160 off?
Don't waste the energy of getting p$$s off. Go some where else.

The ad did say up to $160 fo a TM-77 system. They only have 2 systems...a 4 tire and a 6 tire. I agree, sometime they would have a 22 tire system for an exorbitant amount. In which I would not have been interested, and then I agree, it would not have been false advertising. Not having any system for that much off is false advertising.

On the corner of the email I received, it showed a picture of Marcus (CEO), With a caption โ€œIf youโ€™re not happy, Iโ€™m not happy.

They finally honored the price...Now Iโ€™m happy....Was worth the energy??

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Rough2000,

Thank you for the update, we are pleased you were assisted.
Have a good day and safe travels.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello Rough2000,

We apologize for the experience you have had with pricing of a Tire Minder.
I will follow up with the team and have them contact you to discuss this matter.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Ella,
Donโ€™t know if you caused it or not, just go a call from Camping World and they are honoring the price in their emai. Will be shipped out today or tomorrow. Thanks for ,your help.

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
What exactly are you pi$$ed about?
The random unsolicited email?
The fact that Camping world couldn't figure out what was $160 off?
The fact that they haven't yet contacted you (about a sales email that you couldn't find the $160 off) and it's now after noon?

Is there really anything above that is truly pi$$ed worthy? Delete the email and move on.

Hey Mr. Troll...if you donโ€™t like my post....donโ€™t read them. Now, go back under your bridge.

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
Sam Spade wrote:
Maybe the max. discount only applies to a system to monitor 8 (or more) tires.
Did you look at the fine print ??

Not that I am defending them, mind you.
I only set foot in that place when there is absolutely no alternative.

They only show two systems (4&6 tires). I understand your point, if they would have only had a 22 tire package for $160 off I would not have been interested??

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Rough2000,

We apologize for the experience you have had with pricing of a Tire Minder.
I will follow up with the team and have them contact you to discuss this matter.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Typical sales gimmic. Up to $160 off means you could get your regular BS discount of say $10.00 and it is not false advertising. Did the ad say up to, or did it say $160 off?
Don't waste the energy of getting p$$s off. Go some where else.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds