cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Season's over

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the season has has come to a close, at least for us. Life is full of season's, one ends, another begins. We've both been camping for about 68 years and now because of my back issues and her dementia, our camping (life) season is coming to an end. The trailer goes up for sale this week and a season of day trips here and there begins. I've enjoyed the help and information gained on this site as well as your banter and humor. I'll be lurking in the shadows and living vicariously through all of your adventures. This is a hard season of life to close after so many years.
Happy trails and good life to you all.
Lee and Jane
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.
7 REPLIES 7

rovyart
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry that it has come to an end but I'm really happy that you've lived a season that you are proud of. Enjoy and best of luck on your next endeavors.
fifth wheel

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about this wonderful season coming to an end. The many good travel years are something to treasure.
When my motherโ€™s dimension got really bad those memories help him get through it in a big way. Remember also, just go with whatever she says. Right or wrong it really doesnโ€™t matter.
Best wishes my friend.

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your kind words.
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have younger friends that say they can't wait until retirement. I keep telling them that they should be enjoying the present and plan for the future. I am happy to hear that you have had many good years enjoying each other's company. I pray that you will continue to enjoy your life and each other in whatever form it takes. May God bless you.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
We all face that sooner or later. When Mom and Dad could not travel they enjoyed day trips eating out and seeing new things in KS. I wish both of you the best.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing constant in life is change.

Day trips can be a great way to find all the things close to home that haven't been seen.

Absolutely. Think of all the places you would have gone if you had been home.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your health issues. Day trips can be a great way to find all the things close to home that haven't been seen.