cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Calif State Parks New Reservation System

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Just took a look at California's new reservation system. Doesn't appear user friendly to me. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Found it very difficult to even get to my frequented campgrounds. Perhaps I will have better luck getting a site with the new rolling 6 month in advance reservations and maybe not. It says online reservations can be made 24/7, but I can't find what time the window opens each day. Is it at 12:01am, 8 am or 10am?
24 REPLIES 24

calberry
Explorer
Explorer
RognBon wrote:
I just tried Plumas-Eureka, and while there is no map, if you click on a site number from the list, it does describe the site. There is no image of the sites currently available, but it says there will be soon. Part of the problem may be that you have to search for a date after Memorial Day, when the park opens for reservations.

I am very familiar with Plumas, as we go there 2-3 times each summer (including Memorial Day...and I was able to get reservations for Memorial day in our favorite site on the first minute reservations opened). So I was more concerned about other people and what they would see when they go in and try to make reservations. I find it very lacking in information for the 'un-informed'. But I assume over time that will improve.

Thanks for your help.

Now I have to figure out why I can't get the website to open correctly in Chrome. I will probably have to re-load it (or just use Firefox, or my wife's laptop, when we want to make state park reservations.)

Steve
2010 F350 XLT 4X4 6.8L V10
2012 Rockwood 8265WS 5er

Go Bears!

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried Plumas-Eureka, and while there is no map, if you click on a site number from the list, it does describe the site. There is no image of the sites currently available, but it says there will be soon. Part of the problem may be that you have to search for a date after Memorial Day, when the park opens for reservations.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

calberry
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
No CG sites shown for Plumas-Eureka.

Thanks, I'm assuming since it's such a small campground and open only seasonally that it's low on their priority list.
2012 Rockwood 8265WS 5er

Go Bears!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
No CG sites shown for Plumas-Eureka.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

calberry
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Tried one CG and got the same map with Firefox and Chrome.

Do me a favor if you would. Try Plumas-Eureka State park and see if you get a map for it.

Thx

Steve
2012 Rockwood 8265WS 5er

Go Bears!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your problem is solved - Have DW make the reservations.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tried one CG and got the same map with Firefox and Chrome.

Bob

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have three dogs so I rarely ever go to any CA State Park.

calberry
Explorer
Explorer
RognBon wrote:
Posted By wrote:
Firefox has the main page layout just as you described, but chrome does not

That's very strange, because I use Chrome and it works as I described.

OK, my wife's laptop is on the table right next to me, and she too uses Chrome. I had her open the site...and it worked :? Maybe I've got a setting that is disallowing the site to work properly.

Steve
2012 Rockwood 8265WS 5er

Go Bears!

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Posted By wrote:
Firefox has the main page layout just as you described, but chrome does not

That's very strange, because I use Chrome and it works as I described.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

calberry
Explorer
Explorer
RognBon wrote:
Posted By wrote:
For which parks have you been able to see the maps? I have yet to see one in the two parks I have made reservations in.

On the left you will see the campground name, on the right the map of the state. Click on "reserve" on the left screen and then "reserve" or "check availability" again when it lists the sites, and the map on the right will zoom in on the campground. I just tried it and it works as I have described.

OK, I've got it figured out. I followed your 'directions' and realized that something was not quite right :h You mentioned things that I simply was not seeing :@

I use Google Chrome as my browser of choice, so I switched over to Firefox. Voila, Firefox has the main page layout just as you described, but chrome does not. So on Firefox (and perhaps IE) it works as you said it should, but on Chrome it does not

And, since this is a work in progress, even in Firefox not all campgrounds show the same level of detail. For example, on Firefox if I go to McArthur-Burney it does show a campground map (like I would expect, and like you said it did). But if I go to Plumas-Eureka it comes up with what looks like the start of a map, but it obviously has not been completed yet.

Problem solved! :B

Steve
2012 Rockwood 8265WS 5er

Go Bears!

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
ReserveAmerica has never been user friendly and it is ever worse now. I liked it when I could go to AAA a get a reservation at my favorate beach every year. After ReserveAmerica i got that reservation twice. I havent tried in the last 10 years
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
G7ARYM wrote:
She was correct as I was not charged for the next reservation which is the privilege received by the pass in recognition of my fighting and dying for this country.

Thank you for your service.

Surely there must be a slight error, though; or, if not, I must say I find it a little disturbing that one still needs to make campground reservations in the afterlife.

And being forced to use a clunky, complicated website too.

You don't suppose that's how it is in the... other place... do you?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Posted By wrote:
For which parks have you been able to see the maps? I have yet to see one in the two parks I have made reservations in.

On the left you will see the campground name, on the right the map of the state. Click on "reserve" on the left screen and then "reserve" or "check availability" again when it lists the sites, and the map on the right will zoom in on the campground. I just tried it and it works as I have described.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad