Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia State Parks new cancellation policy

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some positive changes

Georgia State Park’s cancellation policies are changing. The new cancellation policies will begin on July 1, 2023. Please make a note of our new cancellation policies which are as follow:

Campsites, Pioneer Camps, Horse Stalls & Yurts:
Reservations can be changed one time without penalty. Any additional changes will incur a $10 transfer fee. Cancellations made at least eight (8) days before arrival will incur a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations made seven (7) or fewer days before arrival will result in a loss of 50% of the use fee. All fees incurred are per reservation. (Note: Visitors who have paid more than the minimum required will be refunded all but the required minimum deposit amount.)

Cottages and Cabins:
Reservations can be changed one time without penalty. Any additional changes will incur a $10 transfer fee. Cancellations made at least fifteen (15) days before the arrival date will incur a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations made fourteen (14) or fewer days before the arrival date will result in a loss of 50% of the use fee. All fees incurred are per reservation. (Note: Visitors who have paid more than the minimum required will be refunded all but the required minimum deposit amount.)

Picnic Shelters/Group Shelters/Group Lodges:
Reservations can be changed one time without penalty. Any additional changes will incur a $10 transfer fee. Cancellations made at least thirty-one (31) days before the arrival date will incur a $10 cancellation fee. Any changes or cancellations made thirty (30) or fewer days before the arrival date result in a loss of one (1) day fee. All fees incurred are per reservation.

Group Camps:
Group Camps may be reserved up to two (2) years in advance. Cancellations made at least 181 days before arrival result in a $50 cancellation fee. Any cancellations made 180 or fewer days before the arrival date will result in a loss of 50% of the use fee. Reservations can be changed one time without penalty, provided a three (3)-month notice is given. Additional changes made more than three (3) months in advance will incur a $10 transfer fee. All fees incurred are per reservation.

No-Shows:
An overnight reservation is considered a “No-Show” when it has not been checked in by noon on the day after the arrival date. Park staff should verify that the visitor is not onsite and attempt to contact the renter to determine whether the visitor is arriving later before marking the reservation as a “No-Show”. A reservation marked as “No-Show” will be treated as a cancellation and will forfeit 50% of the use fee. Once a reservation is marked as “No Show”, the reservation’s remaining days/nights are canceled, and the site is released in the system for new reservations to be made.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS
3 REPLIES 3

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I was glad to see they retained the "Reservations can be changed one time without penalty." rule. I've used that a few times when a date adjustment or a late site number change was was needed.

Yup.. Me too. I've had to use it several times.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
This should slow down the empty site game. I like it.
Puma 30RKSS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I was glad to see they retained the "Reservations can be changed one time without penalty." rule. I've used that a few times when a date adjustment or a late site number change was needed.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate