cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Voltage Regulator.....5000 watt Realistically Rated

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nippon-America-5000W-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator-AVRAI-5000C-Toroidal-Trans...

I am certainly not recommending this machine. But I am commenting on the fact that it uses a toroid (donut shape) transformer which is very much more efficient than a standard "E" transformer.

The plus minus eight percent regulation is realistic. The fact that it offers 120 / 240 operation means it can be connected to 240 and yield 120 or connected solely to 120vac.

Might be the way to tame psycho crude generator voltage output.

China is building this stuff for third world countries. Pretty tough to beat the price. Toroid transformers themselves are not cheap.

And it is obvious this critter is not weather resistant.

My Mega Sola ferro resonant line regulator is like housing a 6'5" 15 year old. Tips the refrigerator forward and everything slides into an insatiable mouth. At best it is around 83% efficient but this biggie is it's almost 180 watt burden just sitting there humming the theme song to "Are You Bankrupt Tonight?"
2 REPLIES 2

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Prease not wrong connection. This make unit warm and sometime very hot and function not well. To one side is normal voltage to other side is not normal voltage. Three connections not to be made same terminal...

Aww Jeez, you get the idea...

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I can't seem to find a manual....but even if I did I'm probably not bright enough to understand it.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.