cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shocks on TT...anyone have them? ..

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone has them, I would appreciate hearing if you noticed any change in TV or TT ride/towing with them installed.

Thanks in advance for you opinions and time

Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
15 REPLIES 15

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
I have only owned one travel trailer, and it does not have shocks. But it seems to me that shocks can only help smooth the ride down the road. Anytime you can dampen the bouncing is a good thing IMHO.

Sgeorge
Explorer
Explorer
My first two trailers did not have them and often we had open cabinets, spills in the fridge etc... The new trailer came with them from the factory and after two years we have not had any of the previous experiences. I would recommend having them.
2013 Springdale 232SRT
2016 F250 XLT, 6.2, 4.30.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We added them to our KZ Spree. HUGE improvement. Much better handling and control and stuff doesn't bounce around inside like it used to. The ride in the truck is more comfortable too as the tongue isn't bouncing up and down as much and getting transferred to the rear of the truck. Would never own a TT without them again.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Mine came with them stock. Trailer rides much better than any I've had before, and all the cabinets are still closed, and food still on the fridge shelves, when I get to camp. That was often not the case before.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
On rough roads, I think shocks help prevent spring snap. Out TT came with them, I certainly would add them.
Adventure before dementia

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
Shocks dampen spring bounce and might help the side to side rock and roll during simple maneuvers as well.

Is it worth the price? Only you can decide.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our old trailer did not have them. We got a new trailer -- the same size -- and had the dealer add the shocks. It made a big difference on rough highways -- and there are a lot of those in Calif., due to deferred maintenance and heavy use.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

srd357
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the Equal Flex suspension, wet bolts, Monroe shocks (Had to make my own brackets) and New Maxxis tires balanced with Dyna beads. My 24' trailer handles like a sports car. My passenger wife could not believe the difference.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I added shocks and Center point air suspension to my TH TT. I did so soon after purchase so have nothing to compare it to. Does ride smooth and corners well.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I put some on a TT I had. It only had a plain Jane type equalizer without rubber bushings. The shocks made a big difference.
I also put some on my current 5th wheel. It has a Trail Air Equa Flex equalizer with the rubber bushings. Didn't notice much difference in the bounce of the 5th wheel.
I feel they can'y hurt anything and even if the improvement is minimal, it is improvement. Just depends on if the improvement is enough to warrant the cost. For me I DIY'd mine so cost was only the shocks and some hardware.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I have them, with Torsion axles. I left an open, filled soda can on the countertop, one time. When I arrived, the can was still on the countertop and not a drop spilled.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
double post
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine has them and I feel they keep things from bouncing around. I never have any problems with things moving around while traveling. Mine came from the factory with them. If it didn't, I would add them.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Airstream uses them for a nice ride.