cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pretty sure we picked our 5W, now we need to pick a TV.

DeezPanthers1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi again everyone.

So we are 95% sure we will be going with Solitude 365 DEN We were waiting to get hubby his new truck after picking our new 5W. Now that we have this thing is a beast. We were always thinking of going with a 08-13 Sierra/Chevy 3500 6.7 diesel (after all of your help in the beginning). Now the question is dually or SRW for this 5W? Hubby is pushing for a dually, but I are hesitant as this will be his everyday vehicle also. What would you all do? I figured Id come to some towing vets, to get thoughts and opinions. Thanks. Are top concerns are safety and making long trips easier on hubby towing. Thanks.
41 REPLIES 41

DeezPanthers1
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Don't worry about driving a dually in Seattle traffic, or any traffic for that matter.

I love driving my dually to work because everyone takes the ditch when they pass by. Plenty of space even in heavy traffic. Nobody comes near me. And no, it's not because of how I drive or a problem with the truck.

:B Good to know. Too funny

We are starting to get concerned about the fresh water capacity too. I don't get why a camper that big, would have such a small tank. We are going to keep looking, though his one is still at the top of my favorite floor plan list. Thanks everyone, for all the help and tips. You all are great!

taken
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:
taken wrote:
mhamershock wrote:
Wow - that trailer only has a 54 gallon fresh water tank??? Huge rig - dually.

M

Is 54 large? I have 150 plus 10 in the HW tank.

I don't think they make any 150 gallon tanks, maybe 120 but 150 is kind of a odd number for FW tanks.
So no 54 is not large by any means :B

No, they certainly don't. They do however make 75's and my RV has two of them. Or maybe it's a 70 and an 80. I can't remember the two sizes from when I was at the XLR plant. Most large touyhaulers have two interconnected tanks these days for more dry camping capacity. 😉
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Don't worry about driving a dually in Seattle traffic, or any traffic for that matter.

I love driving my dually to work because everyone takes the ditch when they pass by. Plenty of space even in heavy traffic. Nobody comes near me. And no, it's not because of how I drive or a problem with the truck.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
mhamershock wrote:

M

I don't think they make any 150 gallon tanks, maybe 120 but 150 is kind of a odd number for FW tanks.
So no 54 is not large by any means :B
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

taken
Explorer
Explorer
mhamershock wrote:

M

Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Don't want to block you. I get a good laugh out of your arrogant nonsense. It's like comic relief in between real and thoughtful posts from the rest of the members here. And by the way genius, if you later add something to a post, the forum software adds the line about editing. I don't add it. God, I hope you never reproduced.
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
taken wrote:
Then he bought the wrong trailer being over his limits. Or maybe he won't fill it with junk jewelry equipment and won't be over his GVWR. Either way, you have ZERO idea if he will or won't because he ISN'T YOU.

Oh, and when doesn't the unsolicited picture and truck/hitch recommendation come into play? We've been waiting.

Making blanket statements in every thread you participate in here and on IRV2 helps no one...

Maybe you should "EDIT" your post a bit more. Dude you need to take a chill pill!

OH and on "EDIT" you can BLOCK me anytime!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mhamershock
Explorer
Explorer

M

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I guess you never listen to Rush Linbaugh. He is always saying Barbara Streisand when he wants to say BS.
Limbaugh..and no, I don't. Thanks for the info. If he was on Sirius he could say whatever he wants.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Then he bought the wrong trailer being over his limits. Or maybe he won't fill it with junk jewelry equipment and won't be over his GVWR. Either way, you have ZERO idea if he will or won't because he ISN'T YOU.

Oh, and when doesn't the unsolicited picture and truck/hitch recommendation come into play? We've been waiting.

Making blanket statements in every thread you participate in here and on IRV2 helps no one...
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
taken wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
They "SAY" 16K GVWR but this is where that number is full of Barbara Streisand!
WTH does that mean?

He assumes that everyone is fulltiming and overloading their trailer like he does so the 16k GVWR is BS and that it will weigh more than that. Another fact I presume... :R

The OP is going to be full timing. Allowing 1,800# for cargo is a joke and they WILL easily exceed 16,000#.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
taken wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
WTH does that mean?

He assumes that everyone is fulltiming and overloading their trailer like he does so the 16k GVWR is BS and that it will weigh more than that. Another fact I presume... :R

WRONG ANSWER

Well, do enlighten us with more of your fabricated facts sweetness.
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
taken wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
WTH does that mean?

WRONG ANSWER

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
WTH does that mean?

I guess you never listen to Rush Linbaugh. He is always saying Barbara Streisand when he wants to say BS.